Morel lifters are loud

got the starter in and it engaged right off the bat. thanks for the advice.
got the '87 Limited started up and driving for the first time in 15+ years today. feels good.
Which starter did you buy or did you install the original?

My stock starter took a dump a few months ago, I installed this one from Kirbans.
Just my 2c, I installed a brand new Mini starter from Kirbans, that lasted about 7 months before it wouldn't engage all the time , sometimes I would have to bang the starter to start it. The 2nd Mini starter from Ebay lasted about 5 months before it started sticking intermittingly, and getting hung up. I just ordered a Brand New stock starter. The stocker lasted 30 plus years, before I had any trouble with it.

Just my 2c, I installed a brand new Mini starter from Kirbans, that lasted about 7 months before it wouldn't engage all the time , sometimes I would have to bang the starter to start it. The 2nd Mini starter from Ebay lasted about 5 months before it started sticking intermittingly, and getting hung up. I just ordered a Brand New stock starter. The stocker lasted 30 plus years, before I had any trouble with it.
If your stock starter made no noise when you turned the ignition switch to the start position, you probably just needed to replace the brushes. Not only is this very old/tried and true starter reliable, it will spin your engine over faster than any other starter that you can get for your engine.