more time to view new post

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
like just now I was on page 9 of about 14 pages of new post .. I walked away long enough for a smoke break and when I hit page 10 it said no results .. nothing I tried brought them back :(

The way the "New Posts" function works is it takes the posts between the periods where you've been active on the board and displays them.

For instance, you log on at 8am for the first time ever click around for a bit and decide to do some work. At noon, you log on again so all the posts between 8am and noon would be displayed. Then you decide to refresh the new posts, so you're only going to see the posts from Noon until 12:05 or whenever you refresh. Make sense?

Shane said:
The way the "New Posts" function works is it takes the posts between the periods where you've been active on the board and displays them... ...Make sense?
You're not getting the point.

What Red and I were referring to is the fact that a "New Posts" search DOES time out, regardless of whether or not you end your browser session [by closing the browser window or navigating to another site]. Once this happens, clicking the 'Next Page' link doesn't work, and you're screwed.

Try it sometime, you'll see. If you haven't visited the site in several days, it can be a royal pain in the @ss.

It's not specific to TB.com, either. All vBulletin sites do it. What we were both wondering is if the site admin(s) can lengthen the session timeout period.

Search -time out

Guys- I'm not sure how to fix that. :confused: But, I'll look into it. Your patience will be greatly appreciated. :)

I've run into the same issue on another board I'm an admin. on. You might be able to fix it in the General Configuration somewhere on the back side of the board. I was poking around in there but no one had said anything on my tiny board so I left it alone but does drive me nuts cause I don't visit my own board that often! But when I do it gets me everytime. I check this board daily so I guess that's why I've never seen it here. :cool: Another thing you can try to do is keep hitting the back button after you have posted so that will keep the new posts active on your browser. That is a pain but it should keep the board fresh and not time out and you won't hit a dead end.