More robust map sensor?

Can your MAP sensor feed both the xfi and the alky signal or would you need one for each?
Not sure if this question is for me. But you can breakout and run the signal to anything you want. I use these sensors on everything. If the car has or is getting an aftermarket ecu I run 3 dedicated wires to the ecu. If the car has a jumper harness I connect directly to the jumper harness. I try to eliminate as much of the factory wiring as I can on important sensors like this. Don't need 30 year old questionable wires in the picture. It takes a few extra minutes and you have to pull through 3 extra wires (one if you are breaking out off an existing alky controlled by a map sensor. The pull through can be accomplished the same time the O2 harness is pulled through. Just stick stick the 3 wires in with the o2 wires. If the car has a previous TPS breakout and getting aftermarket I run the dedicated wires to the ecu and breakout at the ecu and connect the one wire to the progressive controller. It takes about 5 minutes to do this and cleans up the breakout harness that was under hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes very good sense to run fresh dedicated lines for those runs. Thank for the info.

Being a regulated 5v is good since most map volts measured at the end of the harness are less than 5v. I know mine is.:(

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I was wondering if Bison's new SSI 3.5 bar MAP will work with the 5 volt regular from Julio? I want to run that so I can use it to feed into my Powerlogger analog board.
http://www.alkycontrol.com/product-page/7bb38a7a-70b7-9cf3-fc80-584205694465

I don't have alky injection, but I am planning on running an SD2 setup in the near future, and will probably get Bison's MAP when I do.
This is covered in post #15. These aren't new. Been using them for several years now. Be sure it's 5v. 12v will ruin the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is there are a ton of different suppliers for the 3 bar map sensor. I got an email from a company in China said they could provide sensors at 10 bucks a pop.

Not interested. The 3 bar map sensors I supply, I can't remember if I have had one returned.. ever. I have seen the chinese ones fail from customers who have contacted me they bought on Ebay. The backs blow off due to cheap glue/assembly.

So when someone says "GM" it better have the 12223861 on it, if so.. they are rock solid.. Another tell tale sign is the socket on the MAP sensor being orange. If its orange/dark orange like the OEM 2 bar.. run.. its chicom..

Just writing this, I do remember like 5 years ago one did fail, guy hooked up his shop air supply(125psi) to the nipple and blew it apart.

The TPS harness supplied with the Alky kit can be used for the 3.5 bar map. just use the gray and black wires to supply 5v to the new sensor. Easy..

The TPS harness supplied with the Alky kit can be used for the 3.5 bar map. just use the gray and black wires to supply 5v to the new sensor. Easy..

So the TPS harness is probably what I was thinking of....I was told it can be used so that there is no splicing required to feed the MAP to PL. Do you sell the TPS harness separate from the alky kit?

So the TPS harness is probably what I was thinking of....I was told it can be used so that there is no splicing required to feed the MAP to PL. Do you sell the TPS harness separate from the alky kit?
Julio does - thats where I got my harness from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Julios genuine gm sensor served my car well since 08, i installed the AEM 3.5 yesterday and all is well. Used a mityvac pressure pump to see where exactly the alky was coming on and adjusted the turnon knob after the 3.5 install so it comes on at the same pressure. Hats off to cal hartline's tech support, he patiently walked me through the process of rescaling my ve table which i really appreciate!

Yup.. they are 25 bucks and 6 for the ship with the US.
Call and order :)