Moon roof astro roof seal progress

Charlie sorry I missed this. We ended up buying 2000 seals total. We were able to keep these US built for $129.95. Pan seal & the Glass seal.
It was nice to use a manufacturer who understood this would be a limited production run. They explained where they needed to be to make this happen & I explained where we had to be to sell these.
I knew we would never move 2000 glass seals in a reasonable time. They worked with us to build the pan seal in the same mold. So we were able to get 2 new seals done. If we would have done less $155 for a glass seal would have seemed like a bargain.

If you were on the list we have left calls on your voice mail. If we had your e-mail we sent you some. Check them.
If you received & installed please give me some feed back.
Thanks for every one's Patience it took a while. I feel we came out with a nice product that should out last the originals that were built.
Cool Brian. Send me a PM with a total cost shipped to 76645.:) Just glad to see someone is making them now.;)

Hi Brian,
I am happy to hear of the production as well and I have preordered one of the seal kits from you. Do you know when I will be advised that it has been shipped, please?
Many thanks
Jim

just to confirm, after a call to your office I have been told that my items have been shipped.
Many thanks
Jim

Sorry for not Posting back Jim. I saw your post & sent this to some one in shipping & they said yes it shipped. I assumed the e-mail was sent automatically to your e-mail address.

no worries, Brian. thank you for the response and thank you for servicing the Buick community so well.
Jim

package arrived yesterday.
I will take some before and after pics and post when completed.
Many thanks
Jim

Thanks Jim. I would like to throw some pics of your car up on our site with them installed if that is OK? If it is send me some pics when you have it done.

Thanks Jim. I would like to throw some pics of your car up on our site with them installed if that is OK? If it is send me some pics when you have it done.

Sure thing Brian. I took the kit and the car to a reputable local bodyman and I am wondering if I have the right item or the wrong sunroof. The seal that is exposed around the glass is exactly like the item from the " trouble shooter booklet" page 13 figure 64 item #5. This is the piece that has failed in all four corners on my car. What I believe I have recieved from you is shown on page 13, figure 63, item 4.
I have scanned the pages referenced. do you have the other item, referred to as item #5 "weatherstrip"?
I apologize for going on at length. I saw no other way to explain.
Many thanks
Jim

Attachments

• 10-12-2012.pdf
    523.9 KB · Views: 131
Jim when you recieve a kit it has the glass seal & the pan seal. Both seals are shipped in the kit. They are all pre packaged. Is it possible they glued it down & messed it up? Then removed unsuccesfully???
They wouldn't be the first to do so.

Jim when you recieve a kit it has the glass seal & the pan seal. Both seals are shipped in the kit. They are all pre packaged. Is it possible they glued it down & messed it up? Then removed unsuccesfully???
They wouldn't be the first to do so.

Thanks for the response, Brian. I will check the box again,but when I opened it I found only one long piece inside. Do the pan and glass seals look identical? As for the sunroof, we havent taken anything apart yet and it appears as though this would be the first time it will be dissassembled.
Many thanks
Jim

Jim shoot me an e-mail but that would be almost impossible. We hand inspected every seal that came in & re-packaged.
Bweavy@aol.com
Now if you told me you receieved 2 sets I would have no problem believing it. The person in charge of shipping this out had some of the same people's names down & multi shipped some customers. I know there are still a few people out there with multiple sets.

Shoot me an e-mail & I'll get you just a glass seal out.
Jim just send me your full name & address. If you want it shipped to the shop just include the shops address & attn: to whom.
I'll get it out today if you can get that to me before 4PM.
I'll forward it to shipping.
My apologies if you only received the pan gasket.

Jim shoot me an e-mail but that would be almost impossible. We hand inspected every seal that came in & re-packaged.
Bweavy@aol.com
Now if you told me you receieved 2 sets I would have no problem believing it. The person in charge of shipping this out had some of the same people's names down & multi shipped some customers. I know there are still a few people out there with multiple sets.

Shoot me an e-mail & I'll get you just a glass seal out.
Jim just send me your full name & address. If you want it shipped to the shop just include the shops address & attn: to whom.
I'll get it out today if you can get that to me before 4PM.
I'll forward it to shipping.
My apologies if you only received the pan gasket.

Thank you Brian. My turn to eat crow. I had taken another good look in the box and dumped it all out and sure enough, there are two different profile lengths of seal in the box.
I am very sorry to have caused you any distress over this. Please accept my apologies.
Jim

Thanks Jim I hope your happy I fired every one !!!
LOL It happens.
I just know we went thru alot to ensure everything was correct with those seals. Double checking lengths cuts for the pan seal & making sure they were perfect.