Moon roof astro roof seal progress

Bweavy

Car Hoarder
We have the glass seal getting tweaked as we speak. This is just a few pics I took of the new Pan seal today.
The fit is perfect with all the cut outs in the same original spots. Seal is slightly larger for a Full seal to the roof where the GM unit had a small gap by the roof support. This seems to seal a lot tighter. This is where you would see your head liner getting wet from. Ot is not designed to hold water in the pan but to keep water & other objects from getting past the pan into your roof area.

Check it out & give me some feed back.

The glass seal was dead on but we noticed when installing the glass grabbed the seal which wouldn't allow it to close 100%. I read a few posts on here where people had the same problem. We are getting the seal a little slicker of a compund to allow the glass to slide against the seal for the best optimal coverage & seating.

Attachments

• Moonroofseal001.jpg
    Moonroofseal001.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 249
  • Moonroofseal002.jpg
    Moonroofseal002.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 232
  • Moonroofseal004.jpg
    Moonroofseal004.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Moonroofseal005.jpg
    Moonroofseal005.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 243
Looking foard to seeing this finally produced Brian. Any idea of cost on it yet?
I'm still waiting on a quote. I plan on having the pan seal & glass seal less expensive as a package then the GM glass seals were. It may just be a matter of quantity to get that pricing.

The seals are now going into production. It will take 2-3 week before we have them in our hands. They are manufacturing the seal & packaging. These are being sold as a kit with the glass seal & the Pan seal. $129.95 a kit.

Hi Brian,
I am wondering if these are available yet, please? I am in need of one.
If so, is it a phone call order as I do not see it listed on your website yet.
Many thanks
Jim

Call Brian at 1-252-825-3293 but good luck at getting him on the phone. Most of the time he's busy with a customer so be prepaired for a looooong wait.:rolleyes:

thanks Charlie,
Do you know if the seal kits are ready? I will set some time aside to wait on the phone.
many thanks
Jim

Don't think they're done yet but you can call Brian and find out for sure. I'm looking foward to see them come out as well since my 83's an astro roof car.;)

We are being promised in our hands by 6-15-12 at the very very latest. I had another e-mail in just to get a better idea. When they do arrive we will be contacting every one on our list & working out to present & future orders.
Charlie getting me on the phone is tough lately. We have hired a few more people & added more lines.

We are being promised in our hands by 6-15-12 at the very very latest. I had another e-mail in just to get a better idea. When they do arrive we will be contacting every one on our list & working out to present & future orders.
Charlie getting me on the phone is tough lately. We have hired a few more people & added more lines.
Lately?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the response, Brian.
Please include me on the list once the parts arrive.
Jim

These start shipping tomorrow guys, Thanks for your patience. I think you will be thuroughly impressed. I would put this up against any GM astro roof seal built for our cars.

These start shipping tomorrow guys, Thanks for your patience. I think you will be thuroughly impressed. I would put this up against any GM astro roof seal built for our cars.
Thank you for keeping us in the loop, Brian.
I look forward to seeing the delivery person at my door soon!
Thanks
Jim

You'll be getting e-mails with fed ex tracking #'s all threw the day. We have a lot of people to call back & let them know they are ready & if they still need them. The first customer we called back spent $600 on a NOS Glass seal. I have a few here I would let go for $500 ;)

Charlie sorry I missed this. We ended up buying 2000 seals total. We were able to keep these US built for $129.95. Pan seal & the Glass seal.
It was nice to use a manufacturer who understood this would be a limited production run. They explained where they needed to be to make this happen & I explained where we had to be to sell these.
I knew we would never move 2000 glass seals in a reasonable time. They worked with us to build the pan seal in the same mold. So we were able to get 2 new seals done. If we would have done less $155 for a glass seal would have seemed like a bargain.

If you were on the list we have left calls on your voice mail. If we had your e-mail we sent you some. Check them.
If you received & installed please give me some feed back.
Thanks for every one's Patience it took a while. I feel we came out with a nice product that should out last the originals that were built.