Monte Carlo message board is a PITA!

groumoutis

My father in law has a 87 Aerocoupe and I need to look into some info for him. I went on their site and signed up yesterday! Still don't have access to the site. My account hasn't be approved yet. The kicker is that if you don't log on within 24hrs your account will be removed.

Trying to find the factory ride height. So maybe someone on here knows it.
Just send me an email next time dummy.:p 9.75-10.5" front and rear, measured at the rocker panel 24.5" behind the center of the front wheels and 21" in front of the center of the rear wheels.

Just send me an email next time dummy.:p 9.75-10.5" front and rear, measured at the rocker panel 24.5" behind the center of the front wheels and 21" in front of the center of the rear wheels.

Damn. Where did you find that info? (y)

Thanks Charlie! I'm pretty sure he needs new springs. The rear end seems to be a little low.
Foot note then. OEM limits, which have been marked by a ( triangle) in the following charts list a height tolerance of only +/- 3/8" or less. It is suggested these limits be expanded an additional 1/4-3/8" depending on front to rear relationship as described above, before spring replacement is recommended.

Damn. Where did you find that info? (y)
One of the old manuals I have laying around. I've been doing this for a long time after all.:finger:

When I say a little low I am meaning about an inch to an inch and a half. I think the ass end is lower than the front.

I have to do all the research for him since he has dyslexia. I also seem to be doing all the work on his car. I told him he should have bought a turbo Buick but he wasn't having it. He said he doesn't know anything about turbo cars! What does it matter when I am the one working on it?

There's something wrong with you! Texas might be spiking your water with some kind of drugs!

Maybe they haven't approved me joining because I put down that the car I own is a Buick Gn! They probably don't want cool cars on their website! I sure as hell don't want to have people thinking I own a Monte Aerocoupe!

That's the reason I sold my Monte SS and bought another Buick, not only is the website slow;)

They finally approved my account. I am fairly confident my father in law will have me look up more crap.

Since he has bought the car I have changed the radiator, water pump and the TCC. All he has done is poke a hole in the gas tank and he did put in the new tank and had another guy replace the brake lines to the rear wheels. All the damage was from his improper methods of lowering the car off of jack stands. Really glad he got a car for me to work on! I wouldn't mind so much if it was a turbo Buick but he doesn't have very good taste.

Try the G body forum should be better then the MCSS forum. Only of course if you can't get the info here. ;)

MCSS sucks... there's thousands of members, but maybe only a dozen that have any clue what they are talking about.

I've been a member for a long time at www.montecarloss.com and there are some good posts on there. I will admit, there's a ton of kids so it makes things a little amateur but there are also a lot of good knowledgeable people on there. Just have to skip the BS.

Jeremy that is the board I had the issues with. I finally got approved to be a member but Charlie got me the info before they approved me.

Gotcha. That's not a bad site. I read on there a lot. I don't post much but with my 6 speed swap in progress, I've received a lot of help from some good guys on there. If you need new front springs, I have a new set here. I don't have a rears though. What color is his Monte?

Foot note then. OEM limits, which have been marked by a ( triangle) in the following charts list a height tolerance of only +/- 3/8" or less. It is suggested these limits be expanded an additional 1/4-3/8" depending on front to rear relationship as described above, before spring replacement is recommended.

One of the old manuals I have laying around. I've been doing this for a long time after all.:finger:

Since you have all those manuals lying around, help me out here, if you don't mind? What's the height of an American Standard Toilet, from floor to rim, made on July 5, 1987, white, but with no poop in it at this time?:whistle: All I have on it is crappy information.........

Bruce '87 Grand National

Jeremy it is silver. Has a touch of ugly too.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393166555.445196.jpg