Modifications, what next???

MN250R

Hello,
I got my GN running awesome after installing my new TT chip and 60 lb motron injectors. Im kinda lost at what to add next. I see people say, intercoolers (duttweiler neck), turbos, alky kits, heads, cams etc.. I know the heads are really expensive.
What is recommended with what i have installed on the car now..

Thanks!

Well you have enough injector and stall to go up to at least a 61bb turbo IMO. That an intercooler change would probably give you almost 2 sec's in the 1/4 if tuned properly... If you want to run 91 you need an alky kit too....

From this point on, everything you buy will be in the +$500 range, but well worth every dollar !! There are a couple of things that you will need for the next step, sticky tires AND a driveshaft loop. Everyone knows the advantages of sticky tires, but how many have seen what happens when your front u-joint lets go and digs in the asphault? You get a scary view of the pavement, IF you don't roll your car.

BTW, I bet your car hauls azz !! Have you taken it to the track? Alky next, you'll be glad ya did.

I see you have a old school Kenne Bell ram air, you will pick up power if you take the canister that wraps the air filter off. He sold that stuff before the Internet age, (all the truth came out) I had one also, back in the day.....
You can let the hose from the dam to the filter in place, it will shoot cold air to the filter, but that's not needed either.
Razor's Alky for the most hp/$$$ http://alkycontrol.com/
Just be aware that the weak links will show there face as the hp goes up. Traction(M/T street radials are great), rear suspension wheel hop(very bad for the rear), tranny will need upgraded eventually(will take the added power for awhile)..... but you only live once!

Chuck

Thanks for all the advice on what to go with next. I have not taken my car to the track so i have no idea what it would run for a time with the modifications i have now. I will remove the kenne belle canister and try running it without that on since it seems to be restrictive. I guess i will save up for the safety loop, alky kit then a turbo i that works

If you dont have one already LS or LT MAF and Translator then ALKY.

I have an idea for a front mount intercooler which will be between $250-300. Its a little more time consuming but would give you enough intercooler well into the 9s. I personally after going from multiple chips and set ups just buy FAST XFI from Cal Hartline. Its expensive, but WELL worth it, much much more tuning capability and much more user friendly in my opinion. But shoot me a private message if your intrested in getting set up with the intercooler. Good Luck!

Also gm high tech performance did a test from 2 1/2" hooker system to 3" exhaust with straight through mufflers and they gained 30 HP at the wheels now thats a big change from going to just 1/2" bigger pipe....buickgn.com carries a stainless 3" kit with straight throughs