Mod advice

imo leave it alone if its completely stock and un-touched, except fuel system..
or if you must after that, just a few bolt ons will bring it along nice but how fast you want to go is the question?..3k isn't gonna go to far in the high performance world especially when you start breaking shit,
You can get pretty fast with the stock stuff with an alky kit/bolt-on's and the boost turned up but the cars got to be running spot on first,

Fuel pump, hot wire setup, injectors, chip, adjustable rod on waste gate, adjustable fpr, timing set, transmission cooler, shift improvement kit, torque converter, maf and translator, cone air filter.

Am I out of money yet?

Change all the fluids and filters. Engine , trans and rear end.

Some tires to hook it up and probably a pair of wheels to mount em on.

Use the 3k as a down payment on a modified car. Leave the stocker be. There's some decent cars out there with good mods if you're patient.

There is a lot to do to get it ready to go fast. You need to check over the main systems.
Fuel system, pump, injectors, chip, hotwire
Cooling system, is the radiator clean and leak free?, 160stat
Air intake, is the mas working properly?, cone filter, Mas pipe
Exhaust, test pipe and Pypes Race Pro exhaust
Ignition, new wires and plugs,
Engine, valve springs, timing chain, gaskets
Rebuild suspension
Drag radials
Scanmaster and wideband o2

Use the 3k as a down payment on a modified car. Leave the stocker be. There's some decent cars out there with good mods if you're patient.
This ^^^.
I am always seeing cars on here at a great price. If i could do it all over again i may go this route. But one thing to consider....you never know what someone else ghetto rigged up so sometimes its best to do it yourself so you know its right. Ask me how I know this....

Apprec all the feedback. I am lucky to have two cars and the 26k mile one is def staying bone stock. The other might get a couple more tastefule and minor upgrades.

Any advice on preventative maintenance on a car with 70k? I drive it 3 or 4 times per week - I done rip on it too bad but def do some spirited driving. Ive done a little research but would love to hear feedback from the board.....you guys are a wealth of info. Im talking timing chain, rocker springs etc. I have already upgarded the fuel pump since the old one broke but the internals are pretty much all original.

Apprec all the feedback. I am lucky to have two cars and the 26k mile one is def staying bone stock. The other might get a couple more tastefule and minor upgrades.

Any advice on preventative maintenance on a car with 70k? I drive it 3 or 4 times per week - I done rip on it too bad but def do some spirited driving. Ive done a little research but would love to hear feedback from the board.....you guys are a wealth of info. Im talking timing chain, rocker springs etc. I have already upgarded the fuel pump since the old one broke but the internals are pretty much all original.

Don't just replace the old fuel pump with a new stock one. You need to upgrade it with one with more pressure and volume to allow it to support larger injectors for performance. Here is a link for such a pump that is much better than a stock one. This applies to everything you replace try to find an upgrade that is better than the stock parts.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=GSS340M&eq=&Tp=