Mock up done.......

Yet another "UPDATE".....
Just bought a G body wagon. A really NICE sleeper Malibu. 1983, v8, PS, PB, A/C, w/ 75K on the clock... RUST free, and clean.:D

I know... "But, it's not a Buick", will be the cry!. o_O
Close enuf for a 6.0 turbo install! :D
Next, the junkyard 6.0 is about to make it's debut...A 10 sec grocery getter.
NE1 want to buy a NICE 55 Chevy 2 dr sedan????:D

:mad::mad::mad:
Spent the entire morning and 1/2 the afternoon trying to find this guy's house. He kept giving us the wrong directions. My bud was the navigator..GPS didn't work. Batts dead, I think. He ran us over 200 miles and finally I said "screw this", and we came home...
NOT HAPPY> And, to top a shitty day off, I got a ticket for rolling a stop sign.... :rolleyes:

yeah I was concerned when I saw how high that flange mount was on that first pic, I didn't think it was gonna let the hood shut. Looks nice. Very well done on the welding and fabbing. Sux about the ticket! :mad: Check my PM about the distance from the radiator tank to the pass head! It might help you out.

yeah I was concerned when I saw how high that flange mount was on that first pic, I didn't think it was gonna let the hood shut. Looks nice. Very well done on the welding and fabbing. Sux about the ticket! :mad: Check my PM about the distance from the radiator tank to the pass head! It might help you out.

Got it!
Thanks!:D

Maybe I missed it in post, but what manifold are you using? Did you port the manifolds?

Maybe I missed it in post, but what manifold are you using? Did you port the manifolds?
The 2 manifolds are off of an 07 Escalade. They are not ported, but have been ground clean.
The ends where the v band flanges are welded on, will be blended to remove sharp lips.

Mr. Leeper
You are really talented....:). I have a "spare" Escalade" motor sitting around and I was looking to build a LS powered G Body or RX 7. I could imagine that yellow GNX clone you had back in the HiTech TURBO mag with aTwin Turboed LS powering:eek::p. Keep up the GREAT work... I alway look for you post....

Mr. Leeper
You are really talented....:). I have a "spare" Escalade" motor sitting around and I was looking to build a LS powered G Body or RX 7. I could imagine that yellow GNX clone you had back in the HiTech TURBO mag with aTwin Turboed LS powering:eek::p. Keep up the GREAT work... I alway look for you post....

Thanks!
If you need close ups of how I cut the manifolds, etc, let me know.
I'm using the 04 Vette alt/ps brkt, alt and pump, along w/ a 2010 Camaro water pump. I've retained the stock balancer. [Truck, Escalade, etc] The alt brkt is spaced out 1 9/16" to align w/ the truck balancer.
The belt tensioner is from MTI Racing. Katech has them, also. [Less $$ than MTI].

Hopefully we can make this a sticky or a excellent write up. You have a reputation for quality work. I could image this in a mid 80's 4 door Malibu if you do not find a Wagon. I am interested in close ups of how you cut the manifolds... What are you welding with a Miller or a Lincoln?

Hopefully we can make this a sticky or a excellent write up. You have a reputation for quality work. I could image this in a mid 80's 4 door Malibu if you do not find a Wagon. I am interested in close ups of how you cut the manifolds... What are you welding with a Miller or a Lincoln?

I use all Lincoln welders, [HF250 tig, 135+ 110 machine, 250 mig] and plasma cutter.

I'll shoot some closeups of the manifolds.

Chuck, here's the latest iteration.. Moved the turbo close to the engine, and angled it...Also, some closeups of the manifolds.
[Next manifold set is going to have that drooped down area cut off of the pass side, and a 2.5" ss tube contoured to fit. More frame clearance, and will look better.]
The pic of the 2 manifolds unwelded, is a pic I D/L'd. I posted it, to give you an idea of how they are cut. Everyone seems to do it a bit different.

Attachments

• Truck manifolds cut.jpg
    Truck manifolds cut.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Angle mt turbo 001.jpg
    Angle mt turbo 001.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Angle mt turbo 002.jpg
    Angle mt turbo 002.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Angle mt turbo 003.jpg
    Angle mt turbo 003.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 384
  • Angle mt turbo 004.jpg
    Angle mt turbo 004.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 380
  • Angle mt turbo 005.jpg
    Angle mt turbo 005.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 368
Chuck the fab work looks great. hey I live around Warrenton,Ga not to far from super6 when I get some time check out ure car . You going to silver dollar race? later

What front accessories are you using? Is that a aftermarket alternator bracket?

What front accessories are you using? Is that a aftermarket alternator bracket?

That's vette stuff, with a new Camaro water pump. Looks like he spaced the alt bracket out some to align with the balancer and water pump pulley.

Chuck the fab work looks great. hey I live around Warrenton,Ga not to far from super6 when I get some time check out ure car . You going to silver dollar race? later

I know Warrenton well! I used to go thru there on trips to Jax......Back in the days, when I had a job! Neat, old timey country town! I liked to stop at the old Hardware store.:cool:
Stop by.. I'm usually always here.