Mock up done.......

What front accessories are you using? Is that a aftermarket alternator bracket?

Blk Power is right.. Vette and Camaro.
The alt brkt is 2004 Vette.
The water pump is 2010 Camaro.
The reasoning being, that most j/y engines are trucks. Many are sold w/o ft accessories, except for the balancer. So, in order to get better exh x over clearance, align w/ the truck balancer, and not have to use tite bends, to get under/behind the truck p/s pump, and still miss the steer gear, I opted to use this set up.
In order to "start fresh" w/ pumps, etc, instead of buying used j/y stuff, I bought the new parts.
AIRC, they cost:
Vette brkt $70. off the bag.
Alt $180.00 145A w/ pulley.
WP $140 w/ pulley, and t stat.
P/S pump $40. pulley $17.00 From a Chevy dlr on the bag. [rebuilt Delco]
I made the spacers with 1" alum bar stock. They are 1 9/16" long.

Already had the manifolds. [2007 Escalade]

need a TR to drop it into huh? Lol

Got a clapped out 86 T Type. Ok, but pretty much all there. 22 hrs of driving to get it.:eek:
My bud and I just got back last nite. Now, the fun starts, getting it cleaned up, and the problems fixed, and ready for some more mock up time. :D

I took my mock up engine to Reynolds, and got a peer review.
Some really savy guys eyeballed it.
Dusty Bradford came w/ a most important suggestion.
Move the w/gate down from the area just below the turbo flange..Leaving it where I have it, will cause poor low boost adjustability..That's next, then into the chassis...
I may even get this put together before I move to the "assisted care" home!! :eek::D
Got to get up a list of needed parts, to put it in decent shape..[I'm just too damned picky, I guess]:rolleyes:

Sounds great Chuck, Will be cool to see the finished and the power it puts down at the wheels. When you have time post up the pictures of the before pictures of your project.

do you have a pic of where you have it now....

Yep....Going to move it lower, and pipe the 2 sides to a common flange..

Angle mt turbo 013.jpg

Chuck, It was nice to see your project at Reynolds. Thanks for the links too. I wish I could use stock manifolds on our LSX project..it sure simplifies things. We now have a collection of manifolds. We can make just about anything work in the DS but nothing in the pass.

I gave up and ordered a set of stainless FMS shorties and LS flanges. The offending header will be easier to mod for clearance.

Louie have you tried a 5.3 manifold from a grand prix/montee carlo,i have one mounted on my motor and it looks better then perfect but its not in the car so i dont know what is in the way..will get a pic today,send email addy and i can send it or post here if Chuck doesnt mind

Louie have you tried a 5.3 manifold from a grand prix/montee carlo,i have one mounted on my motor and it looks better then perfect but its not in the car so i dont know what is in the way..will get a pic today,send email addy and i can send it or post here if Chuck doesnt mind

Fine w/me. The more info, the better.
In fact, I'm looking for a GP manifold to try on the next project..2005-2009, AIRC???

Thanks for the pics. That last tube will hit the stock AC box:( in our car.

Chuck,do you have any in car photos,is this designed to keep AC..thanks Dennis

Am now working on an 86 T Type for a mock up. So far, I've got it in a 1M pieces, and am working to get it cleaned up, and new body mts, etc done.
I'm trying to find the dimensions for the x member notch. Once I get that, I'll cut/weld it in, And then the engine goes in.
I'm hoping using a Sanden and the aftermkt brkts will allow using the truck stuff...
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/oem-mount-ac.387042/

More later.

Turbo on the driver's side will be incredibly difficult, mainly because there's not much room for the downpipe. If you did a fender exhaust hole or if you ran it some crazy way like under the crossmember, it's possible. But the steering shaft and brakes are right in the way of where you might otherwise be inclined to run the downpipe.

band aid those manifold from a monte carlo look great have you tried to mount the a/c braket and compressor to see if that part clears??