Miss me already?

turbofabricator

I've been away from here for a long time.
I've spent the last few years dealing with health issues and almost crossed the bridge twice last summer.
I had a mis diagnosed foot infection (hey doc shouldn't we do some imaging and anti biotics? Awww...NO! Your fine) Which led to amputation of my 2 small toes on my right foot.
About 7 months later my wife comes home and I'm unconscious on the floor. 911 called, and I was taken to the ER in septic shock. Few days later they had to amputate my right leg below the knee.
3 1/2 weeks later I am doing physical therapy at home and I fell directly on my stump and drove the fibula and tibia (lower leg bones) through the skin causing a femoral and bone bleed. (Not to mention it hurt like HELL!). So 911 called again and peramedic wrapped it and shipped me off. Ambulance driver went the wrong way and took him about 45-50 minutes to get to the ER. I was in shock by the time I got there and they didn't even inform the ER of my condition, so I was stored in the hallway. I started puking (shock) and an ER nurse ran over with a barf bag and walked away. But I think a alarm went off in her head and ran back over and looked at my stump in a pool of blood and she (thank God) set the real alarm off and things began to happen. It took 4 units of blood to get me somewhat back alive and the surgeon had to remove another 3" of bones.
Then add to the "fun", I had been scheduled for multiple bypass surgery (heart). But was postponed due to kidney issues. So, thankfully I dodged the chest split open deal. (This was about 2 years ago) So, fast fwd to my initial leg amputation and I was told that I had had a MASSIVE heart attack and that I was going to DIE right then and there unless I let this young East Indian Cardiologist put stents in RIGHT NOW!!!. Thankfully I was coherent enough to tell him no. He repeated 6-8 times that I was going to die! He even said that if I stepped ONE FOOT out of the hospital that I would DIE! (I think he was making fun of me for only having one foot-LOL)
On New Years Eve I went in for a Nuke Stress Test, and the REAL Cardiologist called me and said "You're FINE! Come see me in a year. He is world renowned Stent guy. Dignitaries and VIP's fly in to the UW to have him work his magic, or he flies there. (Dr. William Lombardi)
Sorry for the long story, but now you know where I've been. I also have some cool Turbo Buick stuff to share, but I'll save that for another time. Hard on my eyes. (Did I mention I now have cataracts in both eyes that need R&R, too? When it rains it pours)
Ken B.

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Welcome back! I suppose you have had limited garage time with all that. Looking forward to you're new posts.

greeneyegi

I've spent the last few years dealing with health issues and almost crossed the bridge twice last summer.
I had a mis diagnosed foot infection (hey doc shouldn't we do some imaging and anti biotics? Awww...NO! Your fine) Which led to amputation of my 2 small toes on my right foot.
About 7 months later my wife comes home and I'm unconscious on the floor. 911 called, and I was taken to the ER in septic shock. Few days later they had to amputate my right leg below the knee.
3 1/2 weeks later I am doing physical therapy at home and I fell directly on my stump and drove the fibula and tibia (lower leg bones) through the skin causing a femoral and bone bleed. (Not to mention it hurt like HELL!). So 911 called again and peramedic wrapped it and shipped me off. Ambulance driver went the wrong way and took him about 45-50 minutes to get to the ER. I was in shock by the time I got there and they didn't even inform the ER of my condition, so I was stored in the hallway. I started puking (shock) and an ER nurse ran over with a barf bag and walked away. But I think a alarm went off in her head and ran back over and looked at my stump in a pool of blood and she (thank God) set the real alarm off and things began to happen. It took 4 units of blood to get me somewhat back alive and the surgeon had to remove another 3" of bones.
Then add to the "fun", I had been scheduled for multiple bypass surgery (heart). But was postponed due to kidney issues. So, thankfully I dodged the chest split open deal. (This was about 2 years ago) So, fast fwd to my initial leg amputation and I was told that I had had a MASSIVE heart attack and that I was going to DIE right then and there unless I let this young East Indian Cardiologist put stents in RIGHT NOW!!!. Thankfully I was coherent enough to tell him no. He repeated 6-8 times that I was going to die! He even said that if I stepped ONE FOOT out of the hospital that I would DIE! (I think he was making fun of me for only having one foot-LOL)
On New Years Eve I went in for a Nuke Stress Test, and the REAL Cardiologist called me and said "You're FINE! Come see me in a year. He is world renowned Stent guy. Dignitaries and VIP's fly in to the UW to have him work his magic, or he flies there. (Dr. William Lombardi)
Sorry for the long story, but now you know where I've been. I also have some cool Turbo Buick stuff to share, but I'll save that for another time. Hard on my eyes. (Did I mention I now have cataracts in both eyes that need R&R, too? When it rains it pours)
Ken B.
@ least your buick didnt get scratched?
Just kidding, sounds like a little laugh wood help right now, good luck!!

HotAirWH1

Ken B.
Damn!

KC87

Sounds like some scare should be put into that voodoo doctor's future. To have what sounds like a simple infection turn into a major major medical issue is uncalled for. Best of luck and speedy recovery.

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
To have what sounds like a simple infection turn into a major major medical issue is uncalled for.
Exactly what about punched my ticket, to the dragstrip, in the sky.
A moron, for a dr.:poop:
Fortunately, my "sweet disposition", dealing with his ignorance, pushed me over the edge.
Had I not been down 80#, he'd have been the recipient, of one serious ass whipping.
Dr John Galloway, Emory Univ hospital, saved my bacon......
Ken, I'm so glad you got away from that quack!

turbofabricator

I am doing pretty good now. I've been off work for almost a year now. Thankfully we had a good emergency fund for a rainy day (which turned into a year) I planned on going back to "work" last Monday, but with these dang cataracts I just can't see going to work right now (yes, pun intended). So, I get to be unemployed for another month or so until they carve my eyes out. Woohoo, sounds like FUN, right?
Buick teaser.........My son "stole" my twin turbo T-Type and had it brought down to bare metal and converted to a non landau vinyl top and painted it a beautiful blue with black out trim. He did this all with out me knowing, and enlisted the help from guys that I had helped for 30+ years. I'll write the adventure and show pics soon.
I am still willing to help fellow Turbo Buick guys out. Many of you have my phone number, so give me a call, and we can chat. Better leave a message, though, 'cause I'm waiting for a call back from a Nigerian Prince that is sending me 32 million dollars! WooHoo.........I'm gonna be RICH I tell you! EFFING RICH! (If you don't have my number, send an email to nigerianpriceissendingmoney.com because he has my number.)

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
I planned on going back to "work" last Monday, but with these dang cataracts I just can't see going to work right now (yes, pun intended). So, I get to be unemployed for another month or so until they carve my eyes out. Woohoo, sounds like FUN, right?
Ken, I can ID with that!
Mine are to the point I have a buddy do all my tig stuff!
My carving starts on the 17th...Going to get the "free version". At 82, that'll probably last me until I can no longer eat solid food.:LOL:
Hang in there, bud!

Warp6

Mine since '92
Holy crap dude, what a ride! Glad you're still with us. All the best bro!

Grumpy

Thread killer
Ummmm I could use another BUICK UP HERE IF YA GET INTO GIVING STUFF AWAY :ROFLMAO: These are suppose to be our "golden years" . BS !! Live for today. Oh... change of scenery is also a great mood changer. Down here in sunny Florida. Been sleeping to 8-8:30 !! I have never done that in my life !! So keep moving an smiling :cool: Beach scenery is ... well a little off. Need to move down the shore some.

Attachments

• marco babe.jpg
    marco babe.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 58

Blown&Injected

WOW, what a ride you were on. Sounds painful but you also seem to have a good handle on the situation...you will be alright - believe me I know first-hand about such conditions.

Such medical errors are mighty disturbing and should be addressed - I do not want that doctor working on me!

silver/black

I didn't catch your posts in real time but have in the archives....would have loved to have bought your "flame thrower 7th and 8th up pipe" lol....best wishes....wish I had fractions of your mad skills

turbofabricator

I didn't catch your posts in real time but have in the archives....would have loved to have bought your "flame thrower 7th and 8th up pipe" lol....best wishes....wish I had fractions of your mad skills
I still have the 7/8 flame thrower. Make me an offer. 425-268-5674. Leave a message.