Mini Starter Hook-ups

turbotman

Ok, it might be a stupid question, but I can not figure out which of the small posts to hook up the small wire to. Neither is marked as "S" or "R" like I've seen on other starters. Factory style mini. Any input or diagrams will be greatly appreciated :confused:

Ok, it might be a stupid question, but I can not figure out which of the small posts to hook up the small wire to. Neither is marked as "S" or "R" like I've seen on other starters. Factory style mini. Any input or diagrams will be greatly appreciated :confused:

if you aren't sure how to do it and there are no instructions place the starter in a vise and hook to a battery with a pair of jumper cables------negative to the starter case or vise and positive to the large stud on the starter------then take a small piece of wire and touch the large stud and each of the studs------when you get the right one it will be obvious..........RC

Thanks guys.

MSDGN your starter is identical to mine with no markings on the small posts.
The pics and responses are exactly what I needed THANKS! :cool:

Hey all:

I have a mini starter that was only on my car for about 200 miles when the case cracked. Everything still looks new. I just remembered after seeing this thread that I still have it tucked in the garage somewhere. If anyone wants an extra for parts or something, pm me an offer. I would let it go cheap, but not sure what it would cost to ship.

If anyone is interested, I can post some pics, but it literally looks (and is) brand new.