might need ecm , need a part number

Yah's 87

87 BGN, have a pcm now ,the id tagis missing the info , i would like to get another. Heard something about the last 3 numbers are 141? anyway, I have an issue when car shuts down after running about a half hour. Only on cold starts in the mornings. Dunno, thanks for the help

I have one just removed from my car if your interested , Worked fine . I bought an ECM already set up for a powerlogger that we just bought . 75 $ shipped to you . Just let me know . Keith

87 BGN, have a pcm now ,the id tagis missing the info , i would like to get another. Heard something about the last 3 numbers are 141? anyway, I have an issue when car shuts down after running about a half hour. Only on cold starts in the mornings. Dunno, thanks for the help
The service number is 1227148. Why do you suspect the computer?

Symptoms are only in the morning here in Florida. Only on a cold start it runs and drives great for about a half hour then shuts off. Wait 5 minutes and disconnect and reconnect battery, then car starts and runs as normal.this is a daily driver and I work 5 days a week. Driving home I have no problems at all. Fuel pump is year old, and I have the hit wire kit to pump. New Delhi ignition module, and cool pack.

Spell check got that all jacked up. New hotwire fuel pump kit . and Delphi ignition module and cool pack, not throwing any codes. I have the scangage digital round version.

That really doesn't sound like a ecm issue. 99% of the time they either work or they don't.

Pay attention to the check engine light. Does it light up when it dies? And is it on when it won't start?

in the future im going to reflow it with a heat gun and perhaps its just some brittle soldier connection. No CEL lights when starting of shut down

If it's not the ECM then, of course don't change a thing. Don't know what your plans are for future upgrades. Or your budget.

But it may be something your interested in upgrading?:sneaky:

The check engine light should flash once then stay on solid when the key is turned on. If the CE light does NOT come on, the ecm lost power. Power comes from the orange wire by the battery. Check the plug and the wire.
That might explain the car starting after you reset the ecm.

check your orange wire at the battey that powers the ecm might be hanging on a few strands. sorry yea what turboburick said .