Mickey Thompson "Radial Pro"s vs. "ETStreet R"...

Yeah, the Radial Pro is awesome. I bump up to low/mid 20s for the street and run around 18psi hot at the track. 17-18psi seems to be ideal. Less than that and you can get tire shake. Even at 19psi they hooked. You don't need to run these low like other tires. I think Mickey Thompson says 16-20psi but 16psi may be too low for some.

I'm on the 9.33" wide Weld RT-S rims.

According to Jason from mt, the et street r is the same technology as the pro. Beating around the bush he implied yhe 325 is the same as the pro, just wider.

My pros hooked so good I didn't expect the slam down force, It never did that with any other tire..:)

Attachments

• 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 348
According to Jason from mt, the et street r is the same technology as the pro. Beating around the bush he implied yhe 325 is the same as the pro, just wider.

What IS the difference between the two, then? The street R just has more tread, so it's DOT approved?

That is my understanding. But the et street r isnt available in a 275/60, only 275/50 or 255/60 for our cars.

I'm going to have to roll the inner fenders regardless of the tire, so I'm not too worried about that. Mostly just debating now on if i want a tire I can also run on the street, which I'm leaning towards now.

Edit: You may have meant sidewall difference, as in construction.

That is my understanding. But the et street r isnt available in a 275/60, only 275/50 or 255/60 for our cars.
FWIW...the 275/60/15 'R' being released around the 23rd of this month....i've been waiting for a while now as M/T had one at SEMA and said it was coming... Also shown recently on Jegs site for $218.....Today though the price jumped to 252. I think thats more than the Pro Radial.

I don't doubt that but once u start making big power there more useful. I know a guy with a Mustang that goes mid 8's and he runs them on the street and says nothing even comes close to hooking like these do on the STREET. granted, he's makn 1100+ hp but he says he's tried just about every other tire out there from many different companies and says the Pro Radial just bites better then anything else.

I think for most car the ET streets will get the job done and u have a sidewall. there obviously not designed to go 100 mph down the hi way for extended periods of time or use them in the rain or go cornering but on dry asphalt or concrete nothing seems to bite better then these do.

Last week I watched 2 TBs run 9s with MT 275/60s regular drag radials, not the Pro's. Each was making 1.4 or 1.5 60's and pulling the wheels. One of them tried the 325s with frame notched in the past. They told me the 275 performed just as good and don't look so as they put it "race car". Cool thing was both cars drove to the track, ran 9s and drove home. No reason the Pro's can't run much faster.

I don't doubt that but once u start making big power there more useful. I know a guy with a Mustang that goes mid 8's and he runs them on the street and says nothing even comes close to hooking like these do on the STREET. granted, he's makn 1100+ hp but he says he's tried just about every other tire out there from many different companies and says the Pro Radial just bites better then anything else.

I think for most car the ET streets will get the job done and u have a sidewall. there obviously not designed to go 100 mph down the hi way for extended periods of time or use them in the rain or go cornering but on dry asphalt or concrete nothing seems to bite better then these do.
That's the same thing we are seeing over here.

FWIW...the 275/60/15 'R' being released around the 23rd of this month....i've been waiting for a while now as M/T had one at SEMA and said it was coming... Also shown recently on Jegs site for $218.....Today though the price jumped to 252. I think thats more than the Pro Radial.

Wow. Gotta cash in on what's popular, I guess