Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Tires

Yes my car has a LSD. I have the tire pressure kinda high right now I think Its at thirty.

I have had my 275/50's on my car for at least 5 years now. I always run them at 26psi on the Vector 8.5" wheels. I don't have any wheelspin issues. Even on the street. Good wear across the "tread". I have Lakewood traction bars instead of the airbags and they hook hard.

Attachments

• TyraPic 026.jpg
    TyraPic 026.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 346
  • TyraPic 029.jpg
    TyraPic 029.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 380
I've ran 275/60/15 tires for many years. In all honesty if you can't get them to hook you really need to reevaluate your front and rear suspension. People are running stupid fast with that size. :cool: :D

I'm running 255/60-15 on factory 7" rims. Even punching it from an idle, once the boost hits, the tires start spinning like crazy. So frustrating sometimes. I'm tempted to run slicks.

I do have some 8" wheels lying around. (wish i had 9s), so I may try a different setup or perhaps wider MT's, like the 275/50's. How do some of you guys do 5psi launches on the street?

are you running with or without a front swaybar? i'm assuming not... try removing it and running an airbag in the pass. rear, it will transfer like a rubber band and hook hard for short money. also, how long of a burnout are you doing? pro-stock style "black out the sun" burnouts look cool but don't always equate to more traction! try experimenting with shorter burnouts, i spin mine at a relatively low speed and as they heat up you can feel them drag the motor down as they get sticky. the car hooks so hard that the glovebox pops open sometimes! also, how many seasons old are they? it makes a difference if they are old and crusty. just some thoughts-

I have had my 275/50's on my car for at least 5 years now. I always run them at 26psi on the Vector 8.5" wheels. I don't have any wheelspin issues. Even on the street. Good wear across the "tread". I have Lakewood traction bars instead of the airbags and they hook hard.

I like the vectors... Look pretty good with the 275/50s

are you running with or without a front swaybar? i'm assuming not... try removing it and running an airbag in the pass. rear, it will transfer like a rubber band and hook hard for short money. also, how long of a burnout are you doing? pro-stock style "black out the sun" burnouts look cool but don't always equate to more traction! try experimenting with shorter burnouts, i spin mine at a relatively low speed and as they heat up you can feel them drag the motor down as they get sticky. the car hooks so hard that the glovebox pops open sometimes! also, how many seasons old are they? it makes a difference if they are old and crusty. just some thoughts-

I'm running no front sway bar, run 90/10 shocks, and have boxed uppers/lowers with air bags. At the track I can do a short burnout, launch at 5psi and see 1.65 short times. However, on the street, the car doesn't hook at all. If i punch it from an idle, it'll start spinning once the boost hits. I tried brake-boosting it to about 5 inches of vacuum and it just spins even worse.

If switching to 295/55's on 15x10's will improve the traction on the street, I'd go that route in a second. But me thinks that the rear-end geometry is what's hurting my street launching since there is just no weight transfer occurring.

I'm running no front sway bar, run 90/10 shocks, and have boxed uppers/lowers with air bags. At the track I can do a short burnout, launch at 5psi and see 1.65 short times. However, on the street, the car doesn't hook at all. If i punch it from an idle, it'll start spinning once the boost hits. I tried brake-boosting it to about 5 inches of vacuum and it just spins even worse.

If switching to 295/55's on 15x10's will improve the traction on the street, I'd go that route in a second. But me thinks that the rear-end geometry is what's hurting my street launching since there is just no weight transfer occurring.

humph, sounds like you have all the bases covered and then some... i probably should have read your sig before replying. i didn't mean to make assumptions :) on the street does it make any difference if you drive for a while and get the tires warm vs just pulling out of the driveway and attempting a hard launch? which rear sway bar are you running?

hahaha i just read your ENTIRE sig... when you put that new motor in, it's gonna be a "tire fryer" for sure! maybe you're a candidate for notched rails and 325's?

hahaha i just read your ENTIRE sig... when you put that new motor in, it's gonna be a "tire fryer" for sure! maybe you're a candidate for notched rails and 325's?

It sure will. I'm running a Hotchkis rear bar. The MT's have better traction when it's hot out (mid 80's or warmer), but will still spin if I try to brake boost any. I'd rather not mini-tub the car, but if I have to I will.