MFS 6265 turbo results 9.96@135.73 ***updated 9/19/2014***

bison

Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Went to LVD today with my slower car and made a couple hits on my car in between tuning and helping other racers. The following parts are involved:
-High mileage stock short block bearing insets and cam bearings replaced and clearance checked. Oil pump blueprinted. Factory rings. 8.3:1 CR Exact mileage unknown.
-XFI
-champion aluminum heads ported by Russ Merritt, RJC steel head gaskets
-intake with extra port work
-3312/3312 110LS off the shelf cam
-1.65 rockers
-MFS 6265 3 bolt .85 a/r. This turbo was built with the same wheels I use when anyone orders an MFS 6265 from me. They are aftermarket wheels and there is no trickery there or special one off wheels. They are not Garrett or any other "name brand" wheels.
-precision front mount
-PAC alky from razor
-3" internal gate dp
-TH 2.5" dual exhaust
-9.5" PTC (yes Rob Zombie I know there's better out there)
-200 4-R by me. Same one that's been in the car for 5 years
-stock factory 4 link with GM installed control arm bushings.
-8.5 rear with cover, eaton LS, and 31 spline axles
-chrome moly ds with u-joints updated.
-race weight 3600+

Boost was 25-26psi in 1st/2nd and jumped to 28psi in 3rd for a couple frames at flash stall and settled to 27-27.5psi through 5400 before falling to 26psi as it hit the traps. The turbo is pretty much all in. Timing was typical of my 93/alky tunes and was under 20* from the instant the turbo was spooled. Elevation was 1100' and there was a head wind. Drove the car to and from the drag strip over 90 miles each way. These results aren't from any special parts and could be duplicated fairly easily. Plenty of 9.5:1 strokers with more turbo running slower. This turbo has 9 sec potential at sea level with a 9:1 engine in a 3500 lb car.
10.236@132.27mph
9e9ede3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow, good work! Car hauls ass on the stock short block!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think Turbobitt has a video

What tire diameter out back to turn 5400 through the lights? Nice work, that's moving.

What tire diameter out back to turn 5400 through the lights? Nice work, that's moving.
It was close to 5600 at the trap. 29" tire. Rpm does nothing to help when you're trying to get performance out of a small turbo.

Last edited:
3.42 gears?

He's using the stock gears.

Bison is being a little modest. He should really be bragging about all the equipment he fits in the trunk. Such as jack, slicks, Front skinnies, tools, spare ignition stuff, ect...... Should have taken a picture LOL....

I was actually fighting a voltage problem and just noticed my a/f was 10.0:1 through most of 3rd gear. The target was 10.4 through most of those cells. Definitely left a few hp on the table. It was off about .8mph from eighth to quarter.

Last edited:
Great stuff Brian, I am still tuning this new combo with this same turbo you built. Some solid results to look forward too, no way I can come close yet as It feels like I'm driving through the converter already at 20psi alky off. Thanks for your help, you really know what's up.

-9.5" PTC (yes Rob Zombie I know there's better out there)

Thanks for the acknowledgement Brian. I'm glad you are finally coming around that there are other options out there.

I have felt the love from you and my life is now complete!!!

Great stuff Brian, I am still tuning this new combo with this same turbo you built. Some solid results to look forward too, no way I can come close yet as It feels like I'm driving through the converter already at 20psi alky off. Thanks for your help, you really know what's up.
Get that alky going and throw a converter in there. Thank you