MFS 6265 turbo results 9.96@135.73 ***updated 9/19/2014***

What about initial, turn on, and gain knobs? What's their settings?

Walter
The gain is all in. I'm not sure on the initial and turn on exactly. Close to where they we're set. There's no way to measure it accurately. The light goes to green around 10-12psi. I never logged pressure so trying to compare one to another is moot. What's ok on my car may not be ok elsewhere. The 3.5 MAP sensor alone changes it. If I had to guess it's all in right around 30psi. Verifying tdc and then verifying timing is more important.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Yup understood however we have threads talking about quicker spools up and more power down low with the initial moved to the 1-2 o'clock position which dumps a lot more alky into the motor. So naturally want to know where you're at.

Last edited:
Does this car have a cage? Any bracing of the frame?
Does it have buckled quarters from the repeated 1.4x 60fts?
One nozzle on 93...nice!

Does this car have a cage? Any bracing of the frame?
Does it have buckled quarters from the repeated 1.4x 60fts?
One nozzle on 93...nice!
The only bracing it has beyond factory installed is an HR bar. No roll bar or cage. No buckling. Usually not a problem unless the frame is altered.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

So from the sound it takes about the same time to spool as say the 6766?
There's a lot of things that can effect spool. It goes from 10psi to 30psi in less than a half second. I never tried a 6766 on this engine. I'd expect similar spool though. Maybe a little slower but not much. If the crossover diameter was optimized and the headers wrapped in sure i could knock even more time out of it or at least be able to run a t4.96 and maintain the same spoolup. 99% of the cars you read about aren't even close to having the systems optimized. They think throwing more parts on will make the car quicker and faster. It may make them quicker by lightening their wallets but extracting all the performance takes more than more parts. You have to think of it as you have these parts to work with and can't get anymore so you have to figure out how to get them to work the best because replacing isn't an option. When you are faced with that you figure out a lot more

BPE2013@hotmail.com

For some of you guys, that means, letting the wife hold onto your wallet and letting her decide on what to spend the money. Then you would see people optimizing their parts. :p

I was wondering how you got away with running that fast with no roll bar? That wouldn't be allowed at NED

For some of you guys, that means, letting the wife hold onto your wallet and letting her decide on what to spend the money. Then you would see people optimizing their parts. :p
I had too. I will not discuss how far I'm in the hole, but far enough that I should have a high 10s car. However, I only have a Grand National that drives like a $50 POS.

I was wondering how you got away with running that fast with no roll bar? That wouldn't be allowed at NED
You'd need an 8.50 cage and cert and a whole bunch of other stuff to run most places. They weren't hard on the tech and Werent breaking balls. I noticed Friday that there were very few issues with the track itself. No oil downs, no imports tearing up the surface, no whining, etc. if you go to any north eastern drag strip you are faced with oil downs frequently, shitty prep, and racers that are a bunch of d bags. Not having all those things makes a world of difference in how the track operates. I feel a lot safer running 9 sec passes at cecil with minimal safety equipment than I do running any passes at LVD with all the equipment

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I was at LVD Sunday. Lots of guys from CT. Met a few and they seemed cool. Some cars there were questionable for construction though. The street cars looked better.

At LVD, they are pretty lenient if you have an american muscle car. Imports seem to get closely inspected. That's what I've witnessed at least...

At LVD, they are pretty lenient if you have an american muscle car. Imports seem to get closely inspected. That's what I've witnessed at least...
I disagree. They break balls just the same. No comp license and you are sent packing

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Great job bison , it was great to be there to witness the pass , very impressive. That Buick has a 9.8 in it for sure !

Atco is the best at a rental. I seen 7 second car making passes with just a roll bar no cage. Stupid on the driver but they seem to look the other way at rentals. Car is a grudge car.

Atco is the best at a rental. I seen 7 second car making passes with just a roll bar no cage. Stupid on the driver but they seem to look the other way at rentals. Car is a grudge car.
Thats a little on the stupid side. But what do i know.....