MFS 6265 turbo results 9.96@135.73 ***updated 9/19/2014***

There are alot of people im sure that are non believers that say that it can't be done...... can"t never could do anything anyhow... i remember when someone said theirs no way an alky car could run 9's..... no way a stock block could run 8's..... No way an iron headed stock block would go 8's.... and now no way a 6265 would go 9's... congrats to everyone who showed that things CAN be done that once were deemed impossible. So congrats to folks like Jason Cramer, Grumpy, Don Cruz, Jason White, Richie Balcom, John Plog, Bison & a host of others who have done what people said was impossible and could never be accomplished. Hats off to all you guys and gals who continue to raise the bar in our small community.....

Qa1 front and rear. Double adjustable rear. Stock springs and HR bar. Stock control arms with stock bushings in all locations

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Nothing. It's a stock shortblock with unknown mileage. I'll never add any more safety equipment to this car. Probably use a 3800 for next year if I can find an equivalent cylinder head. Car needs to go to the body shop next. This turbo has the potential to run 9.6x with an engine built around it weighing 3500+lbs.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
I'm sorry I have to ask this, but by stock shortblock, you mean stock crank, rods and pistons? Not forged internals. Just ported aluminum heads, holy sh!t, if that is the case. Hopefully you're able to find the equivalent cylinder heads for the 3800 series 2 or 3. I wish I could take on a project like that. I think I will be purchasing a 6265 or 66. Sounds like the ideal turbo for me, even if I don't rebuild this spring. I think my TE44 has some leaky seals.

I'm sorry I have to ask this, but by stock shortblock, you mean stock crank, rods and pistons? Not forged internals. Just ported aluminum heads, holy sh!t, if that is the case. Hopefully you're able to find the equivalent cylinder heads for the 3800 series 2 or 3. I wish I could take on a project like that. I think I will be purchasing a 6265 or 66. Sounds like the ideal turbo for me, even if I don't rebuild this spring. I think my TE44 has some leaky seals.
Yes stock from GM. Unknown mileage. I got the shortblock with a bunch of other stuff I bought. There wasn't any cap walk or signs of detonation but it was a dusty dirty mess so I took it apart and checked all the rods to be sure they were round and replaced the bearing inserts and checked clearances. The only non original parts are the rear seal, cam bearings, and main and rod bearings. The rings weren't replaced. Everything went back together clean and has been pounded ever since.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Yes stock from GM. Unknown mileage. I got the shortblock with a bunch of other stuff I bought. There wasn't any cap walk or signs of detonation but it was a dusty dirty mess so I took it apart and checked all the rods to be sure they were round and replaced the bearing inserts and checked clearances. The only non original parts are the rear seal, cam bearings, and main and rod bearings. The rings weren't replaced. Everything went back together clean and has been pounded ever since.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
That is awesome. Thanks for keeping everyone updated and answering all of our questions. You bring a lot of inspiration to people on this board, I'm sure.

I bet Bison can tell us all he did, or even have someone drive the car, and most (myself included) could not run the number. Well done Sir Bison, and nothing short of impressive. :cool:

I was in a shitty position at the end of the track..^^

Greg, Thanks for the video that was awesome to watch... Brian, that car looked like it was shot out of a cannon... Really moving in the Big end.. You really Back it up by doing what you predicted... 9sec pass with stock bottom end and 93/Alky.... And Brian that is why I chose you to build this motor .... Again nice job

Greg, Thanks for the video that was awesome to watch... Brian, that car looked like it was shot out of a cannon... Really moving in the Big end.. You really Back it up by doing what you predicted... 9sec pass with stock bottom end and 93/Alky.... And Brian that is why I chose you to build this motor .... Again nice job
I actually spun on the 9.96 pass. I'll post the back of the car video later

BPE2013@hotmail.com

AL..we missed you that weekend, thought you were coming..