Methanol injection??

Holdenbr

So I have been working on bringing my 87 GN back to life after years of being modded and maintained on a tight budget by previous owners. I have been working on the the interior and exterior and now getting to the drivetrain.
I have had this car for a few years and don't know any of the mods other than a cam, performance chip, beefed up internals and possibly a larger turbo. I'm told it is a 60mm Garrett. Is that a bigger turbo than original?
I have had my normal mechanic working on it until I realized he knows less than me about TB's so I found one that seems to know what he is doing.
So the question is should I look into installing a methanol injection system? I was told that once he finishes installing the new fuel pump and injectors it will be pushing well in excess of 400 hp. It had gotten up to 370 on dyno but they had to pull out due to lean fuel condition before spooling it all the way up.
I was told by another member that I should look into this because the hp is getting up there.
What does the MI do? Since I am not mechanically inclined I will rely on your input.

Methanol has 2 benefits. It raises the octane for less detonation. And, it cools the intake charge for less detonation. With less detonation comes the ability to increase the boost. The 60mm turbo will run better when it has a chance to work. Just because you have a bigger turbo doesn't make it any faster. It can also slow it down. Running a bigger turbo on a stock displacement engine with low boost will cause lag for street driving, and no benefit if you don't take advantage of the top end power.

One other thing, if you get a methanol injection set up (Alky Control, only way to go) you will need the chip reburned. The alcohol will usually allow 5 degrees more timing and 10 psi more boost.

You need to sort out your issues first before thinking of power adders.