Met Jamie at BG

congrats, jamie

with all the hard work from you and your husband you deserve it. congrats and hope to see you improve your times.

28 pounds with zero detonation on E 85... Which may sound like a lot to those of you with smaller turbos but with a larger turbo such as this you need to turn the wick up in order for it to generate horse power. With the E 85 I have no detonation and still make horse power after 24 pounds of boost. I know what it is doing, since I've torn down the motor and we are really happy we switched over.

If you really want something bad enough you can find someone to make it happen, do your research ask a lot of questions. In my case it helps I have a lot of very talented friends who do amazing work and husband who is always designing the next upgrade.

Did you do fuel feed/return upgrades or are you running the stock lines?? I am running E-85 in my Hot Air car as well as the IC car...Just wondering if some of the rumors are true about the stock lines restricting the fuel flow with the E-85, since it requires so much more volume than the other pump gas.

Congrats--by the way--you and your husband are truly pioneers in the hot air community. Thank you for raising the bar on how fast a hot air can go....you have raised alot of eyebrows as well among the IC crowd!! :biggrin:

Damn guys............

If someone don't want to post all the details about what there car has on it or who built what. does it matter?

I think you guys need to step the hell off of jamie's back! She has made it to her goals and set the bar for the rest of everybody else.

Do you guys think the I/C guys share information? hell no!.

So you think that i can call grumpy, jason, don cruz and those guys will just hand over there secrets that have learned? Not without a price tag!

Sometimes it comes down to thinking out side of the box. Jamie and Karl have done just that.

Also to run 10's with a cold air or a hor air it's not cheap. so if your being cheap go else where.

Speed costs so how fast do ya wanna go!

Jamie please don't let these boys here bring ya down! keep that head up !

Oh but I should empty mine to help you right? The resources were something we sought out and paid for, I don't feel I need to hand everything over on a silver platter all the time because you or someone else on here says so.

Not gonna disagree at all with you Jamie. I'm one of the few guys that's willing to post info on upgrades because it's not out there. Try finding an upgrade for a draw though.:rolleyes: It's not availble in any way shape or form.:mad: I decided to post the info and am posting the info on the car build as well. Why? Yes I want to be the first to break the 12.91 barrier but I want others to join me eventually. I'm not gonna give everything away though.:biggrin: Some things you have to figure out on your own.:tongue:

Congrat's Jamie!!!!

Pleasure to meet you and hope to see you at many more EVENT'S!!!!!

JD

Maybe it would be different if Jamie and Karl were in the business of manufacturing performance parts for our market, but as far as I can tell, they're not. They're competitors. And when doing something that hasn't been done before, such as with these hot air cars that are almost universally ignored by the performance aftermarket, there is a great deal of trial and error, busted knuckles, frustation, and hemorraging bank accounts before finally reaching that "Eureka!" moment. After enduring such a process, would you want to just give your results away? Even if you're willing to sell them, nobody could afford them. :)

Be creative. Think outside the box. I believe there are brilliant people out there that would be willing to collaborate, or maybe just brainstorm. Some for a price, some not. But it takes creativity, you can't try to circumvent the process and expect to push beyond the current boundaries.

Good on ya Jamie, and I truly hope that this can rekindle some aftermarket interest in these cars. You've surely proven what can be done, and I'm sure there's room for plenty more.

I wasn't trying to steal any ideas or trying to upet anyone. I was merely trying to learn fron someone who clearly has some things figured out. I apologize if i upset Jamie by asking questions. Congrats again, Jamie.

Wow, is all I have to say, there are those who understand that this took a lot on our part and I appreciate that, thank you.

I also would like to point out a few things before addressing the question on the E85 which I have no issue with, also pm me if you have questions or need help, generally I can give an idea or two.

When I bought this car 12 years a go it was a run down piece of crap no one wanted but me. I paid 2800.00 and told my husband I think it would be damn cool to make it a 10 second hot air.

I have met Lee Thompson personally and he is now a great friend, without his taking chances and pushing his own enevelope I may have never seen this through.

I also have spoken with Marka through numerous emails and when I've had the chance to met her and her husband in person. These are truly some great people.

I did not build this car up for anyone but myself and my husband, there sadly are few if any vendors who even recognize our cars or our set ups so unless you're willing to think outside the box and brain storm you're not going to get it.

I recall when someone took their down pipe off and the company doing the reproduction asked who would buy one at XXX dollars, he got a list then got stuck with 5 or 6 down pipes no one would pony up to buy. It's sad but with our low production numbers vendors are not willing to make an investment they won't see a return on. That's business.

As far as what we've accomplished that is Karl taking serveral ideas and making them reality. I work 50 plus hours a week and when I receive bonus money or when Karl earns side job money we use this toward our hobby. No one is getting rich in my household doing this but we have come to know a great community I wouldn't trade for the world. (oKay there are a couple of you I'd rather you find a different world but hey it's what makes it work, LOL) We haven't spent a fortune but we have been blessed with some really knowledgeable people who have taken the time to teach us how to do a lot of this on our own. It also helps to have talented friends. Thankfully we are very blessed in that aspect.

I had a goal, we worked hard to make it happen and I'm sorry if no one understands my not wanting to share per say the exact specifics. Sorry one of a kind is just that. If I seriously thought there was a market I'd get out there and start something, but unfortunately that is not the case. Yes we have a new header set up that works, but if we can do it so can you.. It will just take you spending the time and the $$ to do so.

Now on to the E85 it's my understanding until you run 9's you will have more then enough fuel with the stock line to cover. I have zero correction running 10:3 at these times with the air at Bowling Green, please realize I have always run a double pumper due to the added insurance we would have fuel, I never run less the 3/4 of a tank and prefer to keep her full for traction and to make sure on a good launch the car is not going lean. I also found that for every pass my car would get 5 #'s lighter which we assume means I go through a gallon per pass of E85. I have 120# injectors but on the set up as it sets we could have went with 96 # but I have more ideas and would like to add more horse power. I run big stuff 3 which anyone who has seen the car knows this, I grew tired of chip burners telling me a 10 second hot air was impossible and I should just give it up other then one, who I think is remarkable and top notch.. However with an after market system I can monitor a lot. I have spent the money to dyno tune the car, call me crazy but I feel more comfortable racing knowing the base tune works. It's worth the money in my eyes and can help you realize other issues you would never dream of like a broken negative in the TPS. Why did I convert to E85 because after 24#'s of boost on 110 my set up would not produce any more horse power unless it was really cold outside. So either E 85, which is readily available at the local gas station at the pump or jump to at the very least 116, which I believe runs between 9-12 a gallon if not more. Okay no brainer E85 is 2.29 a gallon ,I can pump it directly in the car and it runs great. We are fortunate to have good quality product in our area and I test every gallon before it goes in so I need be my car can be tuned for it. When we initially tuned for E85 we used E70 because it was hand, you need to adjust your tune accordingly, due to the increase in fuel and not in the direction you might think.

My intake is only gasket ported, sorry but I think gutting a intake is a bad idea, GM wasn't completely stupid and when ever I've had the opportunity to run a gutted intake it caused several issues because it changes the flow of things to the negative. It's all I've ever run and unless I want a one of these I'm not sure I'll run a different one in the future.

I don't think there was any other question, I may have missed one.

This was a goal me and Karl set out to accomplish I'm very proud of this and wish everyone the best in their goals and accomplishing them.

I don't think there was any other question, I may have missed one.

Wow!!! that was a great response Jamie. I hope that finally puts all this to rest. But since I know there will still be a few scratching there heads and still wanting to know the magic formula maybe this will help you out some.

1) As I have said before every question about Hot Air performance has at one time or another been covered in this forum.

2) The 2 Hot airs that have made into the 10's have both been on ported stocker intakes.

3) If you have any aftermarket header set you should be good for 10's. There's no need for a mad rush for a header fabricator. Unless you don't have at least the passenger side upgrade.

4) Your last obstacle will be a bigger turbo than the TA33 and that won't be cheap but even that has been covered.

Aside from these variables everything that applies to the 86-87 applies to the Hot Air TR. The rest will be up to you to research, fabricate, tune and track you progress.

Hope that finally covers everything.

Pete

i will post once more,

jamie, sorry if you got upset for me asking questions. im not trying to steal anything from you just trying to learn and go faster (arent we all)

Also i know probably more then anyone how hard it is to get where you have gone. Hell its hard for me since i only see the track once a year. thats hard in itself to keep the tune correct and seeing what works and what doesn't. Hell my car isnt even in the same state as i am.

Thanks for telling us what you did/have. You guys have set the bar and deserve it. Also I always have questions. that just me. trying to learn all the time

Again congrats.

Who said anything about low 10's I'm going for 9's as my next goal. I might need to put the car on a diet a bit but I think it's actually something that could be done.

Of course it might take a couple years to get there, doesn't it always.

Just to clarify someone pmd me I run 120 # injectors with the E 85 set up due to the fact we want to add horsepower.... (thus the previous comment) I could run 96# injectors right now and have enough to cover the horse power I'm at but I want to add more... Don't I always. However the amount of injector is actually determined by the amount of horse power so you might want to contact a known expert like White Racing to see if you have enough for your set up. Better Safe then very sorry.

Wow!!! that was a great response Jamie. I hope that finally puts all this to rest. But since I know there will still be a few scratching there heads and still wanting to know the magic formula maybe this will help you out some.

1) As I have said before every question about Hot Air performance has at one time or another been covered in this forum.

2) The 2 Hot airs that have made into the 10's have both been on ported stocker intakes.

3) If you have any aftermarket header set you should be good for 10's. There's no need for a mad rush for a header fabricator. Unless you don't have at least the passenger side upgrade.

4) Your last obstacle will be a bigger turbo than the TA33 and that won't be cheap but even that has been covered.

Aside from these variables everything that applies to the 86-87 applies to the Hot Air TR. The rest will be up to you to research, fabricate, tune and track you progress.

Hope that finally covers everything.

Pete
Thanks Pete, glad the adapter worked out for you.

Jamie

When the merchandise going to be available? I need a Wolcott Racing baseball cap, T-shirt and inspirational poster (Autographed by Jamie and Karl of course)!

Eric since I'm making you the president of my fan club I'll leave that up to you. LOL too funny. :biggrin:

LMAO, I'll go with whatever you come up with.. Thanks for the laugh much appreciated.. :biggrin:

New numbers
60 1.5094
330 4.3065
1/8 6.6737
mph 104.31
1000 8.7293
mph 119.15
1/4 10.4878
mph 127.24

:biggrin: