Met Jamie at BG

hell ya, congrats on the new #'s. looked like you picked up just a hair in the 1/8.

New numbers
60 1.5094
330 4.3065
1/8 6.6737
mph 104.31
1000 8.7293
mph 119.15
1/4 10.4878
mph 127.24

:biggrin:

Wow, that's almost a carbon copy of my best qualifying pass at BG...Told you it would have been a real good race.

Kick @ss:biggrin:

your on a roll.. keep up the good work!

BTW what was the outside temps on that run? was it close to the temps in BG?

New numbers
60 1.5094
330 4.3065
1/8 6.6737
mph 104.31
1000 8.7293
mph 119.15
1/4 10.4878
mph 127.24

:biggrin:

Holy Mother of GOD!
Congrats!! Thanks for proving that "it can be done"! :cool:
Where are all the expert naysayers? ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

It was about 60 degrees so cooler and more humid, nothing like the great air we had on Saturday and Bowling green and the track wasn't prepped very well at all but I made the most of it. I really had too rich of a tune on it and if I would have leaned it out a bit it would have picked up but only ran a 10.55 the next pass then we went the wrong way on the tune. Now I have more to work with next spring, our local tracks are close now. I look forward to Norwalk the first Buick Event we will have in the spring. I did get a 128 mph on the 10.55 pass so that would have to be my personal best for mph to date. If I would have adjusted the tune we could have picked up but that will have to wait till next year. Now to finish his T and paint the 87 Grand National that should make winter fly by. It was cool that some of my local friends got to see the 10.48 pass and even video taped the 10.80 it ran on a bad sixty that I managed at 5.86 mph for that time, for whatever reason thats the mph that posted. It's been a lot of work but I think we are headed in the correct direction...

No yet but we have discussed it. I think I might wait till we hit the 9's, see if it happens first.

I just keep kicking myself that I looked at the tune wrong, oh well I'm still on a huge learning curve here. Way too rich.. But it still ran. I did notice one local track open to mid November, hummmmmmmm

;)

Jamie, please put a cage in the car. I will point out the wreck last year at BG. If you don't want one just watch the vid on youtube and it will convince you. Driver walked away after a very nasty wreck. Loosing you would be a very bad thing, especially for your husband.

Jamie, please put a cage in the car. I will point out the wreck last year at BG. If you don't want one just watch the vid on youtube and it will convince you. Driver walked away after a very nasty wreck. Loosing you would be a very bad thing, especially for your husband.

Maybe you are a bit confused...Jamie has a Roll Bar, which is what is required by the NHRA for the times her car is running.

The move to a Cage is required at 9.99.

Never mind then. Didn't know if she had one or not. My bad.

Lots of people confuse the difference between a Roll Bar and a Cage...She answered you truthfully, but I saw her car up close at BG and know it to have a bar.

To have a complete cage I would need to the supports out the front and the halo. I then might upgrade to a race seat as well, if we go that far. The car was built with a roll bar in it from the start, yes I'm well aware what a car looks like all smashed up I witnessed a couple accidents with no cage or bar. Sorry if I'm going to go that fast I will have all the safety equipment in my car. I have most as is.

Looks like I'll be waiting till spring for any new times. This weekend will be cleaning it and getting anti freeze in it for it's winter nap. Then finish the T and paint the 87, fall and winter should go by quickly.

Jamie

Looks like I'll be waiting till spring for any new times. This weekend will be cleaning it and getting anti freeze in it for it's winter nap. Then finish the T and paint the 87, fall and winter should go by quickly.

Jamie

Sorry to hear that! I was thinking in just a few more short weeks it would be even cooler out and it would really go to running like a crack baby looking for another hit!

Anyhow Spring low 10's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i just got word that our local track will be closing in a few weeks too!:mad:

I still need to test and see what causing my issues of not turning over 56-5700 rpms

I'm thinking ignition but who knows. I have 130 psi on the seat for valve springs so i don't think thats a issue?

How much springs psi does your car have? you turn to 6k thru the 1/4 don't ya?

I go through the big end about 6100-6200 unless I shift into 4th which doesn't seem to be hurting anything either. I'll check my notes on that engine build and let you know spring pressure. It's on my build sheet.

Congrats!!

First off, I would like to congratulate you on running your times. ;) Before reading this thread, I did not know these kinds of times were UNCOMMON for a Hot Air. :eek::confused: I thought the only difference between the two were we had a intercooler and you gals and guys didn’t. :eek: I too have goals I’m trying to achieve. And after reading about your accomplishments in this thread and having a website like TURBOBUICK.COM, I know I will accomplish my goals w/ time and perseverance. Again, Congrats!!!!