melted fuses?

shmed

hi all. just wondering what would cause a fuse to partially melt on one side but not pop? 1 was a 20 amp on fuel pump. the other was a 30 on the dual fan set up.
diid I just get lucky to find them? txs

ok txs chuck
We get the cheap fuse issues at the shop. Someone has an assortment of them from Ebag, Amazon, and they don't work correctly.
Some have really thin pins.
Some just have a nasty coating on them.
Also, after 30 yrs of use, some of the receptacles are corroded, loose fitting.

What Chuck said , the poor connection is the heat source or higher resistance in the circuit = melting connectors . You didn't see that very much with the old style glass fuses , but if you did it was the fuse block instead .

well it was tough to pull. the fuse out of the holder so im leaning towards shitty fuse? is there a brand that I should be looking for instead of these multi packs for china? on another note does it help to apply dielectric grease before installing ? a sparky at work. reccomends me doing this?

Install clean & dry . Dielectric grease is an insulator . Use a contact cleaner and make sure there is no oxidation on the new fuses .
On a side note , I use an oxide-inhibiting grease ( DE-OX ) on trailer connections .