Mechanic????

FaSho

Random question, just moved to San Diego,
In need of a mechanic. Anybody know a good one?
Sucks to be 400 miles from home without my tools.

Im going to move this into the California section. You'll have better luck over there.

Anybody closer to San Diego?

Lake forest is a good drive away.
Thanx for all the help.
Greatly appreciated.

Guy (member here) tows his TB to Lou from Phoenix AZ, I would guess 5 1/5 hours one way, then goes home 5 1/2 hours and then drives back to pick it up, soooo guess what i'm trying to say is not a lot of Buick specific mechanics in the area, and i doubt you'll find someone better then Lou any closer to you, or at least any i would trust with my car.

If you just need a hand and some tools I'd volunteer. If you need major help then Don Wang or Lou Czarnotta would be your guys.

Neal

That's a great offer from Neal, AKA 750H.P.V6.
Neal, you're a true gentleman of the "Going fast with class" SoCal clan.

Talked to FaSho via PM yesterday a few times as he hit me up. He has a GN and also an LT-1 car that may need some header/exhaust work with a leak. I told him about Lou for the GN for sure as he is "the Buick whisperer", and said we should get together and take a peek at the LT-1. Although, FaSho, I don't think you mentioned what the LT-1 is in? EDIT: I just reread it is an Impala. SS?

I have a gang of tools and am in Southern SD/Chula Vista area so could help out if possible. Or we could meet at Neals near the 15 and Aero and he could try to sell you some LS or Buick Stage II parts. :) If you just need to drop it off somewhere to be fixed, Donnie Wang has a heck of a shop in Santee.

As for the Buick, I have never messed with the MAF translator as I am still running a stocker. Chip swap is easy, as was the ALKY install. Razors instructions are pretty spot on and simple to understand, and I don't remember it needing much for tools other than common hand tools and a drill. Maybe we need a Buick get together/ alky install day? Check out the "time for a cruise" thread in this section too!

Again, welcome brother! You came to the right place (as in San Diego, TB.com, and the SW section!)

James

Props to the guys offering help, I was hoping someone local would but didn't want to put anyone on the spot.

Thought Al moved to TN ?

Props to the guys offering help, I was hoping someone local would but didn't want to put anyone on the spot.

Thought Al moved to TN ?

X2 on the props to the guys offering help.

Lots of horse breeding in Tenn. Maybe Al is selling his soul at the horse stud farm sperm bank.
J/K, Al, we all hope that you are OK & like where you are at.

Talked to FaSho via PM yesterday a few times as he hit me up. He has a GN and also an LT-1 car that may need some header/exhaust work with a leak. I told him about Lou for the GN for sure as he is "the Buick whisperer", and said we should get together and take a peek at the LT-1. Although, FaSho, I don't think you mentioned what the LT-1 is in? EDIT: I just reread it is an Impala. SS?

I have a gang of tools and am in Southern SD/Chula Vista area so could help out if possible. Or we could meet at Neals near the 15 and Aero and he could try to sell you some LS or Buick Stage II parts. :) If you just need to drop it off somewhere to be fixed, Donnie Wang has a heck of a shop in Santee.

As for the Buick, I have never messed with the MAF translator as I am still running a stocker. Chip swap is easy, as was the ALKY install. Razors instructions are pretty spot on and simple to understand, and I don't remember it needing much for tools other than common hand tools and a drill. Maybe we need a Buick get together/ alky install day? Check out the "time for a cruise" thread in this section too!

Again, welcome brother! You came to the right place (as in San Diego, TB.com, and the SW section!)

James

Where exactly do you live out? We just moved down here a month ago from Santee. We should do lunch or something.

my1stgn said:
Where exactly do you live out? We just moved down here a month ago from Santee. We should do lunch or something.

Off the 805 and olympic. What about you? PM me if you want. I'd be down to get together.

If you guys get together on the weekend I'll come down and we can grab a burger and swap a few lies. ;)

Neal