MB AMG C43 Kill

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
So after 10 years, the carpet kit in my Turbo Regal developed a hole where my heel digs in by the gas pedal.

I called my interior guy and he happily traded out the install of a rubber heel pad for me "smoking out" the taillights for his truck.

I had the choice to take I-17 and take 10 minutes off the drive home, but instead decided to take surface streets home since it was Sunday and traffic was minimal.

To give some perspective, I live in Central Phoenix, AZ. All streets in the area run straight east and west or north and south, period. In addition, 99.99% of streets with Names run east/west and streets with Numbers run north/south.

So, I cross over I-17 on Thomas Road going east toward 23rd Avenue. There was a BEAUTIFUL late '90s Caddy lowrider just cruising, lifted as high as he could go. I cruised up next to him, yelled "NICE", and putted on past. He reciprocated with a thumbs up.

All of a sudden a Mercedes Benz AMG C43 rolls up on 23rd and makes an eastbound turn onto Thomas in front of us. He puts his foot in it and screams down the road to the next light. I ended up right behind him as we waited for the light to change.

Light goes green, he's all in across the intersection and a bit down the road. It was then he noticed my car behind him, right on his bumper, fixin' to pull on around him, BUT, another intersection, CURSES! The weather is great and both our windows are down.

So,I pull up next to him and honestly tell him he has one seriously badass car and he is nice about it. (Not many MB owners are) He says "That car is really beautiful, too. What is it?"

In the few seconds we had left, I said "It's a Turbo Buick from 1987", Six cylinder."

He gets up on the converter, I decide to just mat it when the light goes green.

Off he goes, like a rocket mind you, and he's ahead through the intersection and beyond. Boost comes in and the rear end on my car busts loose, the car does the G body shuffle, tires bite and I'm 3 cars ahead of him before we have to shut it down for the next light.

He's dumbfounded. He looks at me and says, "That didn't just happen." I just grinned and nodded.

Light gets ready to change, and this time I built just 5 lbs of boost up and let loose. Again, rear end is all over the place across the intersection but then she hooked and blew past him like he was dragging an anchor. We cruised along for a couple of miles grinning and giggling with each other and then, lo-and-behold, he needs to go north on the same street I'm turning at, too.

So we make the left turn, line them up and go from a 30 mile an hour roll. Damn, that car is fast!

Couple of hundred feet ahead I'm back even with him, looking him in the eye, and he backs off to make a right turn into wherever.........

Most fun I've had with this new combo so far! :cool:

Too bad I didn't have the where-with-all to fire up the new Dragy, but sometimes, it's better to dispatch with the task at hand!

There is always someone who is faster, but this guy wasn't the one. ;)

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
WTF?

These cars are rated 345 HP from the factory. This guy was either hiding some serious shit, or I need to start all over.

vicious6

Turbo Regal Obsessed
So after 10 years, the carpet kit in my Turbo Regal developed a hole where my heel digs in by the gas pedal.

I called my interior guy and he happily traded out the install of a rubber heel pad for me "smoking out" the taillights for his truck.

I had the choice to take I-17 and take 10 minutes off the drive home, but instead decided to take surface streets home since it was Sunday and traffic was minimal.

To give some perspective, I live in Central Phoenix, AZ. All streets in the area run straight east and west or north and south, period. In addition, 99.99% of streets with Names run east/west and streets with Numbers run north/south.

So, I cross over I-17 on Thomas Road going east toward 23rd Avenue. There was a BEAUTIFUL late '90s Caddy lowrider just cruising, lifted as high as he could go. I cruised up next to him, yelled "NICE", and putted on past. He reciprocated with a thumbs up.

All of a sudden a Mercedes Benz AMG C43 rolls up on 23rd and makes an eastbound turn onto Thomas in front of us. He puts his foot in it and screams down the road to the next light. I ended up right behind him as we waited for the light to change.

Light goes green, he's all in across the intersection and a bit down the road. It was then he noticed my car behind him, right on his bumper, fixin' to pull on around him, BUT, another intersection, CURSES! The weather is great and both our windows are down.

So,I pull up next to him and honestly tell him he has one seriously badass car and he is nice about it. (Not many MB owners are) He says "That car is really beautiful, too. What is it?"

In the few seconds we had left, I said "It's a Turbo Buick from 1987", Six cylinder."

He gets up on the converter, I decide to just mat it when the light gen.

Off he goes, like a rocket mind you, and he's ahead through the intersection and beyond. Boost comes in and the rear end on my car busts loose, the car does the G body shuffle, tires bite and I'm 3 cars ahead of him before we have to shut it down for the next light.

He's dumbfounded. He looks at me and says, "That didn't just happen." I just grinned and nodded.

Light gets ready to change, and this time I built just 5 lbs of boost up and let loose. Again, rear end is all over the place across the intersection but then she hooked and blew past him like he was dragging an anchor. We cruised along for a couple of miles grinning and giggling with each other and then, lo-and-behold, he needs to go north on the same street I'm turning at, too.

So we make the left turn, line them up and go from a 30 mile an hour roll. Damn, that car is fast!

Couple of hundred feet ahead I'm back even with him, looking him in the eye, and he backs off to make a right turn into wherever.........

Too bad I didn't have the where-with-all to fire up the new Dragy, but sometimes, it's better to dispatch with the task at hand!

T

He gets up on the converter, I decide to just mat it when the light goes green.

Those Amy's are nothing to sneeze at! My Brother (also a TR guy owns a black S600. Yeah the big ones. This this has the 5.5 V12 with twins and twin air to water intercooler from the factory.
When it hits about 60mph you honestly get tunnel vision. This thing is stone stock. He can add a tune which he has and it is really brutal.
It certainly is something you would never think would run like it does or even close.

Front Mount

I haven't looked at kill/fish stories as it has been quiet lately. Glad to see something new posted and good kill. What kind of times does your GN run if your willing to share? Wish I had Lou or Nick around to help with my car, I'd probably be a little braver in getting it to go faster, but don't know of any gurus near me in Florida Panhandle. I'm ready to start the spring cleaning - already did plugs and plug wires and just replaced some cracked headers that I'm hoping will help with spooling. Now on to fluid changes and see if I can't get a kill to post. Admittedly, not sure I'd have caught that AMG you tangled with. Keep the post coming, I need encouragement to get the car out more and make it quicker. Doesn't seem to be much fun out on the road these days other than my monthly car club cruise. Oh yea, just made my motel reservations for the 2021 GS NATs yesterday. Getting back into the spirit.