Maybe selling whats it worth? GMHT centerfold car

smoke20

Might be selling wifes car whats it worth.

1987 Grand National Photo 1

Buick Grand National - Black & Blue
Car: 1987 Grand NationalDATA FILE
Owner: Julie Schmittinger
Block: Stock LC2, 231 cubic inches
Compression ratio: 8:1
Heads: Stock iron, ported and polished by McKenzie's
Cylinder Heads, 1.77 intake, 1.50 exhaust valves
Cam: Comp Cams hydraulic roller, 218/218 duration at
.050, .511/.511-inch lift, 115 LSA
Pushrods: Comp Cams hardened
Rocker arms: Stock 1.55:1
Pistons: JE forged
Rings: TRW
Crankshaft: Stock
Rods: Stock
Throttle body: Kenne Bell 76 mm
Fuel injectors: MSD 50 lb./hr.
Fuel pump: Holley 250 lph
Ignition: Stock
Engine management: Stock, homemade chip
turbo: Innovative GTS 66mm
Boost: 24 psi
Intercooler: Kenne Bell air-to-air
wastegate: Stock
Exhaust system: Hooker Super Comp 1 5/8-inch headers, Terry
Houston 3-inch downpipe, ATR 3-inch exhaust
with cutouts
Transmission: 200-4R built by Jimmy's
Torque converter: Precision Industries Vigilante 3000-stall
Driveshaft: Stock
Front suspension: Hotchkis lowering springs and sway bar,
Lefthander upper control arms, PRO struts
Rear suspension: Hotchkis lowering springs, sway bar, upper and
lower control arms, PRO shocks
Rear end: Stock 8.5-inch 10-bolt, 3.42 gear, Moser 28-spline
axles, Auburn posi
Brakes: Baer 13-inch front, 12-inch rear
Wheels: Boyd Coddington custom 17x9
Front tires: Nitto Extreme 555 255/40/17
Rear tires: Nitto Extreme 555R Drag Radials 275/40/17
Fuel octane: 110
Race weight: 3,600 pounds
Best ET/mph: 11.12 at 110 mph
Best 60-ft. time: 1.63
Current mileage: 57,000

Thread moved to the lounge for more exposure/recommendations.

When you get ready to put a price on it and sell it, by all means start a new thread in Cars for Sale.

Thanks,

Hope this helps,

Ty

16-18K if the body and interior are in excellent shape. Low prices are king in today's economy.

Man thats rough LOL the duttweiler engine is worth that ;)
Ummm, no its not. You asked and was given an honest response.

The car needs an Alky kit, injectors, better fuel system, a TT alky chip, etc... No one is gonna run 110 in a street car going 11's when you can go 10's on 93.

Stock heads, crank, rods. Its basically a stock stroke 109 with good pistons, a better cam and a few bolt-ons.

I hope you get $40k for it but that's not realistic in todays market. Being in GMHT does not make the car worth more. Take a stroll thru the for sale adds over the last 6 months and see for urself.

Man thats rough LOL the duttweiler engine is worth that ;)

Just keep it and wait 5 to 10 years... its going to be a long grind back to the way things are worth.

Honestly maybe you best put it in an auto auction w reserve price that makes you happy.
use a mechum auction or have one of these classic car outlets sell the car for you. Not all the bidders or buyers overpay, but you do find some that will find your car inexpensive compared to other older muscle cars. Making your GN look like a bargain. Everyone goes home happy, You, the buyer, auctioneer or dealer.

Nice car! I only have one question though. How is it running 11.10 @ 110 did she let out early on the run?

In this economy I would say mid 20's to the right person. Looks like a beautiful car to me. Blue stuff under the hood IS a bit much but to each his own. People don't like all the chrome under my hood either.:smile: Brett, that car is worth a lot more than 13k. You just want it don't you?:D

Ummm, no its not. You asked and was given an honest response.

The car needs an Alky kit, injectors, better fuel system, a TT alky chip, etc... No one is gonna run 110 in a street car going 11's when you can go 10's on 93.

Stock heads, crank, rods. Its basically a stock stroke 109 with good pistons, a better cam and a few bolt-ons.

I hope you get $40k for it but that's not realistic in todays market. Being in GMHT does not make the car worth more. Take a stroll thru the for sale adds over the last 6 months and see for urself.

I can show you pistons from a vette when a Alky pump goes bad. Alky is just a band aid. If you are going to do it run E85. I have made over 2000hp on it in my outher GN. and sorry 6 -7 yrars ago no one ran alky. and in 2 years things will change again

I can show you pistons from a vette when a Alky pump goes bad. Alky is just a band aid. If you are going to do it run E85. I have made over 2000hp on it in my outher GN. and sorry 6 -7 yrars ago no one ran alky. and in 2 years things will change again

was that the 2000hp "BIG $$$$$$" engine that lasted 10 min an had "problems" ??? Alky being a bandaid??? NOT for guys that DRIVE their cars an don't want to drive with race gas in it. :p Have had alky in all my cars here since 2004. :cool:

Very nice looking car!!

I would like to know how you came to this> the GN has a 49/51 front-rear weight bias.

I know you mentioned "Balast", are you talking about the stereo equip in the trunk? You only mentioned fiberglas bumpers and a alum radiator but thats it..

These regals are front heavy like 56/43 front to rear bias and it would take a bunch of weight in the trunk and a bunch of fiberglass up front to make it 49/51. Please PM me on how you came to this.

I like the car. I have always thought it was pretty sweet. I think 30+ may be steep but with that being said, nice car and good luck. I think it is worth more than 13 all day long considering everything checks out.