Matching turbo to cam information

michael evans

Just like to know if you can get a range of Cams for a certain turbo ?

Mine works great to together now. I was wondering if in the future if I can change cams without changing the turbo.

I have a 212/212 duration cam with a 6768BB turbo.

Can I change if needed to ?

There is a lot more to a cam than duration @0.050. I am sure a cam can be replaced but a lot will depends on the goals and supporting parts like springs, converter, head flow, rocker/ratio, etc. Granted, all those parts can be replaced but posting the cam card specs and goals will provide more accurate feedback.

Bison has a special on cam/lifter combo and it wouldn't hurt to reach out to him as well

Agreed. A 212/212 cam is a good grind. You may need to look at other things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was just wondering what my turbo is matched or good for if you will.

I do like my 212/212.

What are your goals? A friend of mine went 10.1@132 on a flat tappet 212/212 and a 6466.

I have ran a 60-1 all the way up to a 6765 with the same 212/212 and had great results, many converter changes tho

What are your goals? A friend of mine went 10.1@132 on a flat tappet 212/212 and a 6466.

Low 10s. Was told it will go quicker,but I doubt it.
You shold search for Grumpys Daughter's car. Her name is Melissa and she is the Queen of the TAI class. She went in the 9s with a 212/212 and a 66 or 67mm years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks but I am more interested in what turbo will go with my 212/212 cam since I am taking off the turbo for a rebuild this winter and have a fresh engine.

Do you have a cam card, I would match up a turbo that will work well based on that. So if you know what the overlap is, I would recommend matching a turbo with a turbine wheel size that matches the overlap vs turbine in the link that Bison posted. I think the link answers your original question.

Thanks but I am more interested in what turbo will go with my 212/212 cam since I am taking off the turbo for a rebuild this winter and have a fresh engine.

Bison is the guy who can answer this for you!! Hopefully he’ll chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk