Map sensor getting wet with oil????

crazyturbo

Can anyone help me out and tell me why I would have oil coming through the vacume line and wetting my MAP sensor with oil????

There could be several things that will cause oil to migrate into your map senor lines such as; excessive blow by due to weak piston rings not sealing good around the cylinder bore, not enough or poor ventilation on your valve covers, the lifter valley pan maybe worn- allowing excessive oil to enter the PVC valve. A previous thread recommended doing a leak down/compression test which is not a bad idea- If that reveals to be good.

Tried changing the oil with some BR-30 Joe gibbs break in oil- run it for approximately 200- 400 miles at low boost and see if the rings will seal better to the cylinder bore- sometimes the rings will cut/seal back up and help reduce blow by.

It worth a try consider the alternative.

It's connected on the passenger firewall. I'm also getting a little bit of oil around the intake manifold area that settles right around or below the injectors on the driver side.
Where is it connected to engine thats the source of the oil. Like trace the line and see where it is hooked to.

Oh ok sorry didn't realize thats what you ment. It's connected to the back of the intake manifold as it was drilled back there for the vacume line connections.

If you have enough oil in the back of your intake to make it all the way to your MAP, you're got some serious issues. (unless it's an original line with 33 years or minute amounts of oil build up over the decades).

Are you plugs glossy black?