Making boost at 60 mph at around 2000 rpm????

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hey guys and gals i have a problem well i think i do my car make anywhere from 3-5 psi of boost cruising on the highway is this normal and if not what can be causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking at the factory gauge or do you have an aftermarket set up?

D

I don't think it's normal to be in boost to hold the speed limit on the interstate. Mods, stock, how fast is the car?

I don't think it's normal to be in boost to hold the speed limit on the interstate. Mods, stock, how fast is the car?
Never been to the track car has stock bottom end with arp studs and bolts gn1 aluminium heads td rocker shafts lunati cam gn1 upper intake accufab 72mm throtle body gn1 adjustable fuel pressure regulator racetronix fuel injector harness edge product 60 pound injectors razor alky kit precision 5758e ball bearing turbo stock location gn1 intercooler gn1 3 inch downpipe with external westgate turbo tweak chip! I would say car feels like a mid to low 11 car!

Are you sure of the RPM? It almost sounds like you are in 3rd gear. Maybe the converter is not locking.

Are you sure of the RPM? It almost sounds like you are in 3rd gear. Maybe the converter is not locking.
No realy in 4th gear but i have no lock up and geared 3.42 2800 rpm stall
6d322571089a43c504cd42f1db11ca70.jpg

How does it coast n neutral?

Do the wheels spin freely?

Almost sounds like there's a restriction in your forward movement.

Just some ideas.

D

Cost very good wheels turn fine no restriction at all

Wish you had vacuum on your boost gauge. Mine pulls 15 inches vac at 2000 rpm in 4th at 60 mph with the converter unlocked (I have a PTC 17 plade 8.5 inch NLU). Maybe the wastegate is stuck shut not allowing any bleedoff? Although, I run a 15# spring in my wastegate, its not open either at low rpm. If you get into boost accelerating, does the gauge show more than 10 psi etc? Bad gauge? Verify the gauge with another? Maybe put a vacuum on it (mityvac) and verify it sits at 0 when under vacuum. I have no idea how the gauge works internally, just guessing.

Agree. I would try a different gauge first. Does the car sound like its actually boosting. My car is about 2400 rmp at 60mph but u can tell the diff from 15 vac to 5psi of boost if i give it some gas

Its always in boost the turbo make that wistling noise so i know its in boos!

Do a compression check, then leakdown, maybe its down on power internally that more boost is compensating for? Blown head gasket, blown intake gasket, check for air leaks at the throttle body? Does it run smooth?

Unhook the w/g rod. Still show boost?
Where is the ga sensor/pickup point located?
Car runs smooth its an external wesgate on the downpipe compression is 150 in all cylinders boost gauge t's in the map sensor line!

You live in a place with no downhill roads! Try driving downhill for once. Just kidding. This is odd. Does it seem to take a lot of throttle to keep it at highway speed?

You live in a place with no downhill roads! Try driving downhill for once. Just kidding. This is odd. Does it seem to take a lot of throttle to keep it at highway speed?
At all cruise very smooth! And almost no pedle to stay at 65mph the problem is i am always in boost and it guzles gas like crazy cause of that

2b75ec9a19eaf68383b01fa9fe228c28.jpg

Here is a picture if my engine bay maybe you guys see something i dont!