Make over time

Just thought I would share something that I tried out after seeing it online. While my motor is apart and waiting on new pistons, I have been cleaning up the parts that have come off. My TA SS headers are showing their age and not looking that good although they are performing well. With time on my hands I was contemplating sanding them down to get that hideous look off it. So I looked online for ways to clean stainless steel exhausts. I saw this guy use a toilet bowl cleaner that seems to be only offered in the UK, so for shits and giggles I ordered it. 2 days ago it came in. I put a small dab on the end of a rag and just spread it over one runner on my header, then waited 5min and watched it changing color. With a used scotch bright pad that is not abrasive I rubbed it in and wiped it off. Holy crap!! It works.
Very nice TTypeWhite!!!
I've been waiting patiently for an update !!!! :)

Thought it was probably acid.

I've used foaming oven cleaner on motorcycle engine cases & exhaust pipes with good results. Becoming more difficult to find the good old fashioned foaming oven cleaner though. Sometimes dollar stores have it.

I have resurrected the parts out of the trunk of the car for a clean up, paint and polish. Everything engine wise is almost squared away. Crank was sent out and magnafluxed with a clean bill of health, still waiting on my pistons from Diamond which I'm told is about a week away, then I can get this motor back together and in the car running. So this weekend I will prep and paint my block, as well as the frame in my engine compartment to fully clean up everything that was soiled by the bodyshop when painting the car. Almost there.....
View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment

I have resurrected the parts out of the trunk of the car for a clean up, paint and polish. Everything engine wise is almost squared away. Crank was sent out and magnafluxed with a clean bill of health, still waiting on my pistons from Diamond which I'm told is about a week away, then I can get this motor back together and in the car running. So this weekend I will prep and paint my block, as well as the frame in my engine compartment to fully clean up everything that was soiled by the bodyshop when painting the car. Almost there.....
View attachment 364349View attachment 364350View attachment 364351View attachment 364352

Maybe you can clean some of those grungy engine parts when you have some time as well. Lol

It looks amazing!!

Love that intake setup!

Why is the EGR block off "upside down"?

One of those catch 22's I suppose. I bought this in Bowling Green many years ago in vendors row. Then brought it home and put it on the car months later and saw it was upside down. Just my luck I guess, but when the fuel rails, injectors and injector harness is on it's not noticeable. Too much bling factor all over to see that. lol

One of those catch 22's I suppose. I bought this in Bowling Green many years ago in vendors row. Then brought it home and put it on the car months later and saw it was upside down. Just my luck I guess, but when the fuel rails, injectors and injector harness is on it's not noticeable. Too much bling factor all over to see that. lol

I'd bet you could get some one to engrave a blank one for you. Here's mine. :p

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 96
Tore down my engine and everything looks really good. Time to take some measurements and start ordering some parts to rebuild this engine. Going to raise the compression, so if anyone is looking for 8.8 to 1 forged .20 over Diamond piston with coated skirts hit me up. That compression was made with a 3.625 crank, 6.35 rod, .40thou head gasket and a 46cc head (standard deck height block).

View attachment 360705View attachment 360706View attachment 360707View attachment 360708
Stunning car inside and out! How high are you goin with your compression?

Yesterday was a good day to work on the engine compartment. Since the makeover there is only so much cleaning I can do with the motor in there. So yesterday I got inside the engine compartment with some degreaser and soaked the frame all down, let it sit and scrubbed what I could and used a toothbrush on things I couldn't reach. Hosed it off, blew it off with compressed air and let it sit to dry. Came back at it with a microfiber cloth and some paint thinners and wiped it all down. Masked and painted it with satin black chassis paint and what you see is the result of nothing else to do on a Sunday.LOL

Love that intake setup!

Why is the EGR block off "upside down"?
His bolts at the top and yours bolts at the bottom. Are one of these intakes aftermarket? My bolt hole is at the top and my block-off plate engraving is upside-down too...

His bolts at the top and yours bolts at the bottom. Are one of these intakes aftermarket? My bolt hole is at the top and my block-off plate engraving is upside-down too...
Doesn't matter what intake it is, it just boils down to bad quality control. Should have been caught before producing lots of them and distributing it to the masses.