MAINTENANCE, CAR HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 10 YEARS

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
when I was replacing the ecm and swapping the chip over, noticed it had a (pitbull atr) chip... from my research i havent seen alot of good reviews about them ... thinking I may go with the TT 42LB INJECTORS AND CHIP ???? wondering if the chip may have something to do with my idle (rough) along with my IAC being way out of adjustment, didn't get to to operating temp was just scrolling threw the data on scanmaster , showed iac at (150) !!!!! ?????? after I got the scanmaster data working..didn't run it long at all

any way to identify injectors without pulling them ?

fresh fuel and fuel tank
maybe the chip is for a different octane???
Toss that chip in the biggest body of water you can find and go with a TT chip.

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Yes, the TT chip is way more accurate and designed for today's fuel.

TireFryer

I have a slow WH-1
when I was replacing the ecm and swapping the chip over, noticed it had a (pitbull atr) chip... from my research i havent seen alot of good reviews about them ... thinking I may go with the TT 42LB INJECTORS AND CHIP ???? wondering if the chip may have something to do with my idle (rough) along with my IAC being way out of adjustment, didn't get to to operating temp was just scrolling threw the data on scanmaster , showed iac at (150) !!!!! ?????? after I got the scanmaster data working..didn't run it long at all

any way to identify injectors without pulling them ?

fresh fuel and fuel tank
maybe the chip is for a different octane???
I had an atr pit bull chip in my wh1 when I bought it. It had 26° high gear timing(WAYYYYY TO MUCH FOR TODAYS GAS) so I ditched it and bought a TT 6.1 chip and matching 80# injectors. I can’t say a single bad thing about TT. Definitely worth the $$. That pit bull chip is a piece of crap imho :poop:

Flipped Auto

well thanx for all the honesty the pitbull chip will be going to the trash !!! I'll be ordering a TT chip as soon as possible,i need to decide on injector size , but I'll try and get some other stuff done in the mean time.. my hotwire kit just came in from TT . do you'll like the adjustable fuel pr from them as well ??

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
well thanx for all the honesty the pitbull chip will be going to the trash !!! I'll be ordering a TT chip as soon as possible,i need to decide on injector size , but I'll try and get some other stuff done in the mean time.. my hotwire kit just came in from TT . do you'll like the adjustable fuel pr from them as well ??
60's with race gas took me 6.7 at 105 and I ran 7 flat at 100 all day long...both are 1/8th mile. 60's with alky took Grumpy to 9.98 at 138.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
Follow...Erics...directions...to...the...letter.
of course ...was just referencing the reset prior to adjusting idle and tps parameters after proper chip installation....should have been more clear...not sure if the reset is necessary I just always do it when messing with tps or idle adjustment...

if the egr system is not causing a problem ....no need to remove it...unless you want to...but this can also lead to problems ...

Last edited: