Main Ground Eyelet - Head

TryMeGT

Should I cut this eyelet off and replace it with a new one? It looks a little frayed and weak but I do not have (nor know if I can get) this specific eyelet beyond a generic one. The car will not stay running and I've had some other electrical "gremlins" so I am starting with the grounds. Feel free to offer your thoughts and experiences.

P1000649.jpg

Measure the eyelet opening then do a search on Google . I believe it's around 1/2 inch eyelet by 10 ga crimp connection .

27 year old wiring. Might be time to replace the harness?

I have replaced the terminals many times, though. I do not install them on the back of the head, though. I install a new ground stud after sanding all the paint off of the boss on the intake manifold under the coil pack. Then I add a 8ga. Ground wire from the rear spot to the turbo bracket/battery cable mount.

Caspers ground extender kit replaces these. I just added it and it works great!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I ended up replacing that eyelet on the ground but it did not fix the problem. I got the car to start by putting the 93 TT chip in instead of the 110 chip but it was dumping fuel and would barely run. I ended up swapping the computer out for another one, which seemed to cure the "gremlins" I was chasing. Even got the TPS set again which I couldn't do before even with a brand new TPS unit installed. I believe the computer may have been on its way out for a while since the car has been driven very little the last 3 years or so.