Main bearings

6SENSE

Getting ready to order bearings. Going with CB1398H on the rods and was thinking ms-960p for the mains when I came across the FEM-7144MA seen here
Anyone have any experience with these?

This is for a 291 casting 4.1 out of a '84 Riv

Are these new on the market? Silicone in with the aluminum that polishes your crank while you drive? Silicone primarily there for wear resistance but this is a bonus. Or is that not a good thing?

Anyone have any opinions?

Just want to hear the comments.

6SENSE said:
Are these new on the market? Silicone in with the aluminum that polishes your crank while you drive? Silicone primarily there for wear resistance but this is a bonus. Or is that not a good thing?

Anyone have any opinions?
Do not know the answer but interested in what gets said.

Richard

Haven't seen anything on the FEM-7144MA...

BEARINGS I USED:
CAM: TA 1557 from TA performance
ROD: Clevite 77 CB-1443 P (same as 3755APA)
MAIN: MS-960P-1 (“1” signifies .001 instead of STD)

Other bearings:

CAM BEARINGS:
TA 1557
Durabond BP13T (dry film coated)
Clevite SH1448S

MAIN BEARINGS:
Federal Mogul FM107M
Clevite MS-960P (coated)

ROD BEARINGS:
Speed Pro 6-7120-ch (wide)
Clevite CB1228P (Stock Width)
Clevite CB-1443P (wide)
Clevite CB1398H (wider and harder)
Federal Mogul 3755AP (Stock Width)
Federal Mogul 3755APA (Wider)

I'd like to hear some knowledgable opinions. I just know enough to be dangerous, and on that basis... sounds like a bad idea? There is supposed to be some embedibility on a bearing to the best of my knowledge, so any small particle that gets in there can get buried and doesn't scratch the crank. And having a bearing polishing the crank while the car is running? Also sounds like a bad plan to me... I want to keep wear to a minimum! Keep those clearances where they were originally set if at all possible! Plus polishing implies that there is metal to metal to contact, and there should not be any (between the crank and the bearings) in a running engine unless something is wrong. But that's my uneducated opinion.

John