Maftpro problem

buickin87

Oct 27, 2005
Hi,

We have Maftpro in our GN87. Problem is, that it loses the parameters or settings put in the Maftpro. Gn will not start, because the settings/parameters are messed and are what they are. When I put the right parameters again, everything is ok.

Why the unit is losing the parameters or settings inputted?

This happens about once in the summer time. The unint is away from the sunshine and I have done(soldered) the the wire joints of the connectors in the Pro, but no cure. Never opened the unit.

What next?

Thanks in forward!

buickin87

Oct 27, 2005
Hi,

software version is maybe 4.2, not sure, anyway the old one. I will check it. But I was inaccurate when I told about losing the settings: Actually, the settings will change, not fully disappeared. For instance the engine size is changed from 3.8 to 300 or so. Then most other settings are changed to 137 or so, anyway the same odd parameter/ "setting" in several places.

When I put the right settings into Pro, ewerything is ok again and the car runs fine. So I think, that the old sw doesn´t make this kind of the problem. Don´t know......

Yes, there is flash prom inside the unit, but what thing will affect this way to the flash....

buickin87

Oct 27, 2005
Hi,

referring in my earlier post, the software version in Maftpro is 4.60, so it is not the latest one.

B.R.

Buickin87

buickin87

Oct 27, 2005
Thanks TurboBob!

So, how to proceed with the upadating work exactly ?

I have the settings in paper and of course in Maftpro.

Anyway, now is the good time to do the job, because GN is in its wintersleep now. I live in Finland.

Regards,

Buickin87