Maft Pro temp compensation

Still have not been able to wire in W/B for AF tracking....can't seem to find the correct values for my unit and don't want to chance it.

Owned the MaftPro for years and I'm just starting to tweak the original out of the box tune. Really like this unit and sad to see that it's no longer available.....anyway I've attached a 93 octane pull in 3rd gear. Showing a little knock but I'm thinking it's false because it occurs precisely as the throttle is closing.

Pulled 8% from mainscale and 5% at all loads up to 2800, enabled timing control as well.

Edit, May have been the 2nd gear pull looking at RPM/MPH

Attachments

• LogFile46uncapped.zip
    99.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
it looks like the reading is slightly off by .4-5. It's reading low. No big deal, just need to factor that in. Make your wot target .5 richer.

I see what your saying in the latest log, do you think it's the W/B or the o2 that's off?

Thought they had to be zipped? This one is not, maybe it will work.

Attachments

• LogFile46uncapped.dat
    307.1 KB · Views: 71
The wbo2 and the stock o2 look pretty close now.

Whats your afr target set to? Is tracking working? Never mind I read the above post

Tracking not enabled. Can't find a value that matches my W/B in Maft. Shooting for 11.5 through manual corrections. Been making little corrections test drive then repeat.

For some reason I had baro mode set to 0, I believe it's suppose to be 1?? Also v out 1 needs to be set for open loop operation right?

Looks like your doing pretty good. I would shoot for a tad richer and see if the knock goes away.

Bob, should be able to add your wb to the selections. If he remembers how. :D

For some reason I had baro mode set to 0, I believe it's suppose to be 1?? Also v out 1 needs to be set for open loop operation right?

What version software you running? Sounds old.

V-out 1 should be spark control (timing)

Yes it's probably one of the first units and was never updated. Has given me good service and I've been reluctant to mess with it. You are also correct on spark control but I thought it also kept it in open loop?

Still trying to figure how it operates so I may have misunderstood the open loop reference in another thread.

Also the air temp sensor is in the up pipe now and giving a good reading to the Maft but I can't figure out why the PL is showing a very low temp that fluctuates. You helped understand that in SD this value is not directly sent to the ECM so I would think the PL would read a steady default.

The tpro shows the version when its first powered up. See what it says.

Open and closed loop configurations are done in the chip

Set block 12 to 4 for open loop idle.
Set to 8 for full time open loop.

Not sure about the ats reading in the pl. I kinda remember it being just a generic value that has no relevance.

Not to keep badgering you for info but can the chip changes be made through the PL or do I need to do the light switch A/C thing?

Looking for my cord to connect to tunerpro. Can chip changes be made through tuner pro or tune only?

You might be able to do it with the pl but not with tuner pro. Give it a shot.

If you locate the serial cable, you should update the software.

I was able to make a few chip changes through the PL, experimented with open loop idle and launch assist. Maft is the 4.40 version do you think an update would be in order?

20171023_162726.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to make a few chip changes through the PL, experimented with open loop idle and launch assist. Maft is the 4.40 version do you think an update would be in order?

View attachment 311377

YES!!

I had the Pro for years before I ever took the time to learn it. But without Ricks help I would have pulled it out. Love it now though!

View attachment 311377

Yes I would update it. Everything you need is here http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=3938

Save the tune with TPCU before you update. Do a factory reset on the tpro after the update. "Hold 2 right buttons on tpro when you power it up" Continue to hold until screen says "all data reset". Then load the tune you saved.

Thanks for all of the help Rick! Found my cord now I need a USB adapter for the laptop.

Once again it's a shame the Maft seems to have been discontinued........must admit that I've been a little afraid of tuning with it so maybe others felt that way too? In retrospect it's something I should have devoted more time to because it's really not that difficult to operate and seems like a good unit to learn on.

Many thanks to Rick for helping out. I can assist with support also.

Let me know if you need anything.

On the USB stuff, stay away from Belkins, we had trouble with them early on not supporting the baud rate used for reflashing the unit.

I always used Sewell brand, FTDI works also. Most of the other brands are probably fine.

Bob

Thank you for the offer Bob, I'll need to get with you in a couple of weeks.........Broke the forward drum last night. Was suppose to billet so we'll see at tear down.