Maft Pro temp compensation

Mike T

The set up page in Maft Pro has a choice of temp compensation. I'm assuming this should be turned on with speed density? Just figured out that mine is turned off.

Air temp reads 30 something degrees in the PL and doesn't change (tried new air temp sensor). Running the car this way for years and it runs great, throttle response is very good but it does go fairly rich @ wot.
Turn it on?

The temp sensor gets disconnected from the factory ecm and connected direct to the tpro when installed. Therefor the pl cannot read it. You can view iat in the tpro monitor.

I am pretty sure that temp compensation will adjust the entire tune. For instance if the tune goes lean when iat's are high, you could add fuel around that temp to compensate.

As far as wot tune goes, make those changes in the high load tune page.

Do you have a wideband? Are you using tracking? Care to share a log?

Totally missed hooking temp sensor directly to Maft Pro in instructions. Will need to correct that ASAP. I do have a couple of short logs on the new motor that I'll attach later from home computer.

This one was my sons very first time driving the car so he's in and out of the throttle. No wide open in this one so it doesn't go rich like some others I have.
It's interesting because the car has never had knock retard but on the 1-2 this time it went 10 degrees.

Attachments

• brandon3.dat
    87.3 KB · Views: 84
What wideband are you using? AFR's are all over the place.

Need some short 3rd gear pulls to see where the tune is.

Also you can run the tpro analog out 2 to the pl to watch correction.

It's the AFX. Are you saying the MaftPro has a analog output that the PL can read? Interesting part about all of this is that I have not changed any chip or MaftPro setting from how they were set new. On my last build it ran excellent just the way Bob set it up. This motor has a roller cam and more port work though.

Seeing knock now too where before there was none.

This was before the WB on the last motor. It was no slouch made 450 to the tire on 93 (93 only) and went 10k on stock type HG beating the heck out of it @ 20 psi everywhere. This file is the only log with knock and it happened while shifting into OD and went right away.

Attachments

• LogFilesnap4thgear21psi.dat
    51 KB · Views: 85
Yes sir. Connect the Tpro's volt out 2 to analog input 4 or 5 on the pl I/O.
Then configure the Tpro volt out 2 to "correction factor". Do the same with pl input.
Once you do that a correction factor graph can be selected.

The tune looks much better with the correct wideband selected but it looks like the reading is slightly off by .4-5. It's reading low. No big deal, just need to factor that in. Make your wot target .5 richer.

The tune looks good. That 1-2 shift knock was false. Record a 3rd gear pull from 50 to 80 mph.

This was before the WB on the last motor. It was no slouch made 450 to the tire on 93 (93 only) and went 10k on stock type HG beating the heck out of it @ 20 psi everywhere. This file is the only log with knock and it happened while shifting into OD and went right away.

There you go. That looks pretty good. A tad lean but it's ok with it. Shoot for 780-800mv.

Thanks Rick I'll do that. Trying to sort through a shift point issue as well and this log was a by product of that. Sure hope this was false too...what do you think. Took WG loose after this one to see if boost creep was the issue.

Attachments

• LogFile.dat
    289.3 KB · Views: 91
That could be real but it's low and goes away so no real harm done. Again the o2 mv's are a little low (lean). That may be a contributing factor.

This combo will spin an additional 1000 RPM in a hurry compared to the last combo and seems to be using more fuel at a lower boost so I think the old tune isn't safe anymore. Now I'm scared of pump gas too.

Do you have wot tracking turned on? What's the target?

Work on sending that signal to the pl so we can see watch wot correction.

Starting to see a pattern with the knock, 6 out of 7 logfiles have knock starting @ 46 MPH 1st gear. The pattern also shows up in RPM ranging from 5850-6000, boost is anywhere from 9 to 17 when knock starts and timing ranges from 18.7 to 22 degrees so there is no pattern there.

Working on getting the boost under control so I can make some additional pulls in higher gears. That would show if it's RPM related.
Also wondering if the VSS is getting screwy signals because of my bouncing speedo cable?

Getting ready to switch over to WB tracking, it's the older Maft pro and doesn't have the AFX as a choice in the set up page. Is there a way to manually enter it or does the MP need to be updated?

Found pics and specs for it, looks like it was discontinued in 2014 the same year I bought it. Values are 0v = 9.0:1 and 5v = 16.0:1

afx info2.jpg afx info.jpg

Bob while I have you on the phone:) .....the MP is connected through caspers plug-n-play harness and wide band is hooked per manufactures instructions at the fuse block (keyed) with the proper grounds. I have two analog outputs from the WB so do I simply cut the two wires from caspers harness and connect them to the WB output?

Will the computer still get a NB signal and will the WB take over at load?