MAF Translator Bracket

VtheGNMan

I never liked the look of having the MAF Translator screwed the inner fender well or the plastic wheel wells.
Especially since you can get a nice translator cover plate with cool logos on them from our awesome vendors.
Built a bracket to hold it at the top radiator support height. All the wiring gets neatly tucked under the support with the headlight wiring.
Simple piece of 1/4 acrylic with a 90 bend to attach it to the inner fender. Used the existing bolt that also holds the horn inside the fender and an existing hole in the radiator support. Just spaced it down the correct height.
I left the bracket dusty so you can see where it mounted to it.
I can add a picture of the bracket removed later on when I have it all the way out.

Attachments

• 102_0761.JPG
    102_0761.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 539
  • 102_0762.JPG
    102_0762.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 516
  • 102_0763.JPG
    102_0763.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 479
I can understand that concern. Box is sealed and all connections are sealed snap clips. Not like there isn't a chance for it to get wet somewhere else. Plus, car never sees rain.

This is a neat setup. I am looking at how to mount my Translaer now. I found this looking at your gauge pod. Also very nice! You are the man! Thanks for the pics.

Thanks Vince, just got mine in time to get the new LS1 and translator installed for the trip to Kirbans, took all the guess work out of finding an install location for translator. Even with the rain it saw on Saturday driving from the show, everything stayed dry, no worries there.

This is a neat setup. I am looking at how to mount my Translaer now. I found this looking at your gauge pod. Also very nice! You are the man! Thanks for the pics.
I have them for sale in the For Sale thread and they are also being carried by both Kirbans and Full Throttle.