MAF Questions

CzyKats44

This is the way.
Stock '84 LM9 engine...

Initial reading at WOT on stock configuration was in the 180s

I now have a Hot Air with the '86-'87 ECM setup, and got a '86-'87 MAF (suggested on GN/TType) and I can't get over 160 (in third upwards of 75-80mph WOT)

I checked for blockages through the system and have a new air filter and spools up well to 12psi.

I understand that the high end value is supposed to be 255 (and may be higher but not show).

- Is 255 for LC2s only or LM9s as well?

- More of a gee whizz question; Is the MAF reading in CFM?

MAF is proportional to boost (to a point) so if youre still at HA boost level's it's possible.

Is it a stock maf?
Have you tried an lt1 maf with a translator?
Sounds like it isn't working to me.

Is it a stock maf?

Is it a stock maf?

Stock part, I used the 86-87 because there are apparently some cal differences between LM9 and LC2 MAFs according to GNTType. I wanted to just avoid complications (which I have anyway lol). No LS/LT upgrade yet but if this drags on, I'm headed that way.

If you are running an extender chip, the airflow reading shown is half of what it really is.

TT5.7 tuned base setup for stock LM9 with '86-'87 ECM to run 93 octane.

The MAF may be bad, which is not uncommon with 86/87 MAF's. Is it lean? If not, then I would leave it alone. Otherwise, maybe try a different MAF, or even put the 84/85 MAF back on to see how it runs. If all that doesn't work, then I agree with going to a Translator and LT1/LS1 MAF.

The MAF may be bad, which is not uncommon with 86/87 MAF's. Is it lean? If not, then I would leave it alone. Otherwise, maybe try a different MAF, or even put the 84/85 MAF back on to see how it runs. If all that doesn't work, then I agree with going to a Translator and LT1/LS1 MAF.

If anything its rich, the INT and BLM are 113-115 range only at cruise 40-60 mph. Idle and WOT are 128 +/- 2. I'll run the old one and see what happens. Thanks for the response.

If anything its rich, the INT and BLM are 113-115 range only at cruise 40-60 mph. Idle and WOT are 128 +/- 2. I'll run the old one and see what happens. Thanks for the response.