MAF Intake Pipe Corrected thanks to Earl Brown

Would they take the screen closer to the turbo or the first on that you see when you remove the sensor of does it make any difference .
Sometimes I let myself get caught up in very minor things with our cars that at the end of the day don't mean jack shit LOL

Would they take the screen closer to the turbo or the first on that you see when you remove the sensor of does it make any difference.

It was the one closest to the turbo. Air flow wise I don't think it makes a difference, but the air is straightened by the front screen and goes across the heated resistor thingy more evenly for a more accurate reading.

Sometimes I let myself get caught up in very minor things with our cars that at the end of the day don't mean jack shit LOL

I hear you there. I tend to forget that buying lighter parts makes a difference as well.

Screens .vs no screens only matter on the stock POS. It uses a film type sensor that lays flat relative to air flow. Any tumble or turbulence will cause the same air to 'hit the film twice' and send out a false reading. Rough air will make the sensor think you're moving more air than actual. That's why the factory used a hex nut to hold down the factory airfilter instead of a wing nut, like normal. The ears on a wing nut would screw with the MAF readings depending on how they were clocked when they were tightened down. Even the factory knew in the 80's the stock MAF was borderline.

The LS1/LT1 sensors use vertically mounted round sensors that don't have those design limitations. There's also three of them, so there's built in redundancy. I run the modern MAFs witthout screens all the time.

Agree with the others, go LS1/LT1 MAF and don't look back. I got mine from Earl.....great guy to deal with......does'n t fluff off us Canucks

The post office damn sure does!

It's amazing I can maiI a 70# box to Guam, Puerto Rico, or Hawaii for $6 That same box to Canadia can't weigh more than 4#s and it's over $20US

Yet we’re supposed to be closest of friends and allis and great trading partners.....we would if the gubment would step back. Pathetic

So I'm installing the 3.5" pipe, LS1 MAF and a translator. Couple questions...

1. Does it matter which way the "card" i.e. black piece where the plug goes into the MAF sensor points? Up to the hood, toward front of car, down, etc?

I see the MAF had a blade inside and wasn't sure if that needs to be oriented vertically or horizontally.

2. I'm running a turbo tweak chip, 60# injectors, alky and set for 23-25# boost. I hear there are switches inside the maf translator. What do they need to be set on?

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lol. You can install it in any orientation you want. Just make sure it doesn't hit the belt or alternator pulley. (same goes with the wires.

If you're CAI will allow it, I think they look best ''upside down''. Just make sure you look for the arrow on the side and put the airflow going the correct way.

lol. You can install it in any orientation you want. Just make sure it doesn't hit the belt or alternator pulley. (same goes with the wires.

If you're CAI will allow it, I think they look best ''upside down''. Just make sure you look for the arrow on the side and put the airflow going the correct way.
Thanks Earl. All good so far. Passed the around the block test. Could be placebo but it seems like the car idles smoother. Will do more testing this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk