Lucas Safeguard Ethanol Conditioner? Anyone?

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I dropped my tank today concerned about the fuel gauge. It was fine, just making sure as I use E85 which is a teeny bit corrosive but not much. When I pulled the pump and hanger, the rivet on the fuel gauge mount had a little corrosion, slight, almost nothing. I was thinking maybe something like Seafoam would be good. Then I found the Lucas product. It is cheap = $10.00 bottle will treat 4 full tanks of fuel, easy peasy.

Has anyone actually used it here?

I dropped my tank today concerned about the fuel gauge. It was fine, just making sure as I use E85 which is a teeny bit corrosive but not much. When I pulled the pump and hanger, the rivet on the fuel gauge mount had a little corrosion, slight, almost nothing. I was thinking maybe something like Seafoam would be good. Then I found the Lucas product. It is cheap = $10.00 bottle will treat 4 full tanks of fuel, easy peasy.

Has anyone actually used it here?
I use it regularly

I began using those products to protect motorcycle fuel systems & small engines. Works well to prevent corrosion on inside of cycle tanks.

Haven't seen the interior of my Buick tank, but I'm planning on changing the fuel pump soon.

If you use E85, your tank is likely spotless. Mine is. Of course, it was nice with gasoline as well.

Used it from day one on E85 and don't do anything special for winter storage . Never been a problem since 2015 .

Using it in my Talon, E50, all year since Jan of 18 and no issues or corrosion, easy 20k miles. Injectors were cleaned recently and they were good too, no injector goo like my issues around 2008 etc.