LS1/f-body rear brake swap

If you have the pictures of how you did it on yours, it would probably be very helpful to anybody else reading this thread.

If you have the pictures of how you did it on yours, it would probably be very helpful to anybody else reading this thread.
I've got another axle I'll be doing the conversion on soon and I'm planning on doing a how to on it Jeremy. This will show a few different things that the other sites don't show so it should help everyone understand what's involved in doing it.;)

I should do a how to as i go along but time is going to restrict me from doing that. Im hoping to get some answers documented on this thread as a reference. Lots of people read this thread since ots linked all over the place.

Not the best pics but this may help a few to understand why you need all the parts I pictured earlier. The original F body bracket that holds the parking brake cable and brake line are cut apart so you can weld the line bracket to the axle for the support of the line. This is also why you need to get the brake lines off the F body axle.
DSCF1286.JPG
You can also see the cable bracket sticking down in the front that's off the F body brackets.

As far as attaching the cable to the parking brake lever goes, you need to cut the original parking brake lever from the drum brakes and weld it to the lever from the parking brake lever for the F body brakes.
DSCF1283a.JPG DSCF1284.JPG

Here's a little closer pic of the cable bracket. It's already got a hole in it but you need to drill another 1 a little further back so the bracket will have the room needed to attach the cable to the lever.
DSCF1282.JPG

Has anyone done this swap by using the right and left backing plates on the opposite sides with the calipers mounted in front of the axle instead of behind the axle???
There is a video of it....

Has anyone done this swap by using the right and left backing plates on the opposite sides with the calipers mounted in front of the axle instead of behind the axle???
There is a video of it....
You can mount the calipers in the original location but then you'll need to figure out a way to make the parking brake work.

Man I wish somebody just make some brackets for the e brake and sell them because that would make my life a hell of a lot easier...... lol
Hell I wish they would make the relocation brackets for the rear shocks and sell them also!

I bought shock relocation brackets from Baer Brakes today.
I'm looking for a set of 98-02 Camaro E-Brake brackets to modify....
I have an idea that I think will work pretty well.
Anyone have a set of brackets?

I bought shock relocation brackets from Baer Brakes today.
I'm looking for a set of 98-02 Camaro E-Brake brackets to modify....
I have an idea that I think will work pretty well.
Anyone have a set of brackets?

What? How much did they charge you for the relocation brackets? I thought that they only sold them with the rear brake conversion kit......

Horn Reworked.jpg
Horn Reworked.jpg Horn Reworked.jpg Shock Mock-up.jpg
What? How much did they charge you for the relocation brackets? I thought that they only sold them with the rear brake conversion kit......

$35.00 + shipping....worked out to about $43.00, but I already sent them back.
They dont work well with out horn brackets...

Here's what I did, although outside of the equipment realm of some of us.
I re-worked the shock horns to remove the shock mount bump, made them flatter, and moved the shock mount further in-board instead of outboard...

Last edited: