LS1 brake mod

Can anyone tell me who sells the adapter brackets? I have all the LS1 stuff, just need the brackets. Thanks in advance, Jeff

I am curious of where to get these brackets also as I plan to use the LS1 style brakes. Also FYI the 97+ W-body guys are using these brakes on their cars to go with a 12" front rotor and have the dual piston caliper. I have installed a few sets and the last one I installed we used 03ish Z06 calipers and physically are interchangeable with the fbody calipers. Im not sure there is much difference between the two but is another option though Im sure the Fbody calipers are cheaper. I can have the adapter brackets made for me but it would be nice to know where to get the brackets or at least the plans to make them if anyone has them handy.

I am curious of where to get these brackets also as I plan to use the LS1 style brakes. Also FYI the 97+ W-body guys are using these brakes on their cars to go with a 12" front rotor and have the dual piston caliper. I have installed a few sets and the last one I installed we used 03ish Z06 calipers and physically are interchangeable with the fbody calipers. Im not sure there is much difference between the two but is another option though Im sure the Fbody calipers are cheaper. I can have the adapter brackets made for me but it would be nice to know where to get the brackets or at least the plans to make them if anyone has them handy.

Give 86TexasT a pm, he usually has some.

flynbye.com has these bracket/kits camaro (v6 or v8) not sure why its called an ls1, but yeah the newer camaros. he also has c5/c6 brakets, and so on for those who can spend the bucks on the bad boy z06 brakes.

Thanks guys. As far as why they call them the "LS1" brakes - the way I understand it is because these are the calipers that were used on the 98+ cars which was also the first year of the LS1 engine in the F-body hence the name LS1 brake upgrade

I have a complete set up for sale if anyone is interested.
Includes ibild.com brackets, used LS1 calipers, new stainless hoses, new Bendix ceramic pads, new rotors, bearings, seals and a pair of hubs with the longer studs installed. I will sell it cheaper than if you went to piece it together.

to put these on my GN sindles, do i use gn bearings or LS1 rotor bearings? or are they the same? plz anyone........

I have a complete set up for sale if anyone is interested.
Includes ibild.com brackets, used LS1 calipers, new stainless hoses, new Bendix ceramic pads, new rotors, bearings, seals and a pair of hubs with the longer studs installed. I will sell it cheaper than if you went to piece it together.

how much are you looking to get for it?? is it all a bolt on kit???

Hey TKGN1 would you be willing to do the machine work for a fee?? I can get the spindles and everything else needed, if you are willing to, shoot me a PM. I would love to do this set up on my TR, but dont have any of the equipment needed to do the machining.. thanks alot...

arent the blaZer brakes 12 inches with dual piston calipers?? and it seems its easier to use them with the adapters for 110 bucks to add the zo6 brakes if you want the bad boy stuff someone should do a side by side comparison of the cost vs performance of these setups ....

arent the blaZer brakes 12 inches with dual piston calipers?? and it seems its easier to use them with the adapters for 110 bucks to add the zo6 brakes if you want the bad boy stuff someone should do a side by side comparison of the cost vs performance of these setups ....

2 wheel drive S10 Blazer brakes are 11" and you need the spindles.

As previously posted. I have a complete set up with EVERYTHING except the spindles.

I have new a set of Belltech drop spindles with the correct mods done by Baer if anyone is interested.......cheap!

Not trying to hijack.....just helping make a complete kit. :biggrin: