Ls turbo swap or build 3.8 ?

Yea your right alot of people will be acting immature on here but but I might just stick with the 3.8 but I might have to send it out in full force build and try to achieve the power that I'm looking for

Don't bother .. the 3.8 is a boat anchor compared to a LS ... save yourself time, money, aggravation and just go Turbo LS .

The buick isn't happy at mid 600's ... the Turbo LS will laugh at mid 600's

Favian, don't worry, you're not pissing me off at all… I'm in the "same boat" as you but I'm beginning to regret rebuilding my V6 engine. It gets so frustrating having to wait and wait with promises that it'll be ready "soon"…yeah sure…:rolleyes: I'm losing interest in the car because of that. Too bad because it's the one car I've owned in my whole life which I've had the most fun with, but I guess it's all behind me now. I keep saying to myself that when I get it back, I'll just be happy to drive it every now and then and don't have any plans to race it again in the forseable future...that's it… too bad though to have a mid 9 second car that'll just be "granny driven" around my town.
Luckily, I have another car to enjoy, go to car shows with it, but no racing that one though.
But "if I knew"

Claude.
Wow i feel your pain honestly im only wishing i wont have to go thru all that.. I'ma go with zingerman racing out here in arizona ive heard goodthings about him so we will see ...

Don't bother .. the 3.8 is a boat anchor compared to a LS ... save yourself time, money, aggravation and just go Turbo LS .

The buick isn't happy at mid 600's ... the Turbo LS will laugh at mid 600's
Lol i know but after long thinking i want to be diff than most people on the track an to me a v6 turbo beating newer vetts or camaros cant get any better than that

Wow i feel your pain honestly im only wishing i wont have to go thru all that.. I'ma go with zingerman racing out here in arizona ive heard goodthings about him so we will see ...
I hope you won't have to wait as long as me!… My engine is being rebuilt by Jack Cotton's engine rebuilding place (in Massachusetts) not sure the name of the place though… I don't have, or never had anything negative to say about Jack…but this time it's just taking TOO LONG. (n)

Claude.

Lol i know but after long thinking i want to be diff than most people on the track an to me a v6 turbo beating newer vetts or camaros cant get any better than that

Sorry to burst your bubble .. different on a Turbo Regal is having a reliable 650hp that you can drive anytime you want without worry ....

Turbo LS for the win ...

its gonna take a lot more than you think to get a LC2 to run with the newer Vettes / Camaro ... before you take the plunge into a wasting money on a Turbo V6 ... take a time out and really do a reality check with your intentions with the car .. especially if you want to enjoy and drive it .. the buicks at 650 hp are a timebomb

Engine swaps are fun and funner, with that being said it would be cheaper and more reliable to go fast with the LS swap. But the if you have the time and money the both will cost you, and a fast 3.8 speaks for its self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zimmerman did my eng....had it done in less than a month. Should be good to go with Nick and zimmerman.

tapatalk_1464509799200.jpeg

Engine swaps are fun and funner, with that being said it would be cheaper and more reliable to go fast with the LS swap. But the if you have the time and money the both will cost you, and a fast 3.8 speaks for its self.

Yea i know the ls are way more reliable but wish me luck an will see what happens lol shooting for the best but expecting the worse lol

I'm glad you are sticking with the 3.8. All my ls friends were stoked when I got an 84 regal t because it was different. I thought it would be fun to see what I could get out of it because it's even more of an under dog. I agree with the above comments if you're going ls put it in a turd like a monte or a cutlass. I'll probably build one eventually too. With a Chinese turbo an megasquirt. It's only cheaper to do an ls build if it's a junkyard engine. Otherwise 5k$ comes pretty quick. But to each their own.

Joey, although I do love my turbo V6, if I had to build a new powerplant for my car, I definitely wouldn't hesitate and go with an LS…Why?…because when building a fast turbo V6 engine, parts are way harder to come by, usually cost a lot more because they are produced in smaller quantities and it always take "forever" to get your engine back…Ask me…my engine has been out of the car for two years now with no idea of when I'll have it back…Even Jack himself can't give me an answer. :rolleyes: There won't be any racing for me this year because of that.
If I knew, I would've discarded the whole turbo V6 and gone to Steve Morris who he would've built me a killer turbocharged LS engine, easily capable of running into the 8's and it would've taken about 45 - 50 days to get it, not 2 f***in' years (and counting) like it is now! :mad:

Claude.
Your not building a production V6. Your building a stage motor.

I'll buy the stage motor for double the cost of your LS Build. This way, you can build 2 of them.

I'll keep your stage motor as my spare. This way, we both have 2.

Your not building a production V6. Your building a stage motor.

I'll buy the stage motor for double the cost of your LS Build. This way, you can build 2 of them.

I'll keep your stage motor as my spare. This way, we both have 2.
Joey, no one said anything about the V6 being a Stage or production engine… I was thinking more of having an LS built the same way I'm having my Buick Stage motor built (special pistons, crank,rods, heads, etc…) I am pretty sure the LS would cost less to build due mostly to the availability of parts and developing technology around them as compared to nothing much new for our 30 year old Buick engines… Also the LS are already known to be more reliable and will take more beating than a Buick V6 (which is prone to gasket failures, leaning out, etc…)
But don't worry, I'll be keeping my V6 as I have way too much invested in it now to back out of it… :rolleyes: …unless…it would completely blow apart with nothing to salvage…then it would be LS.

Claude.

Joey, no one said anything about the V6 being a Stage or production engine… I was thinking more of having an LS built the same way I'm having my Buick Stage motor built (special pistons, crank,rods, heads, etc…) I am pretty sure the LS would cost less to build due mostly to the availability of parts and developing technology around them as compared to nothing much new for our 30 year old Buick engines… Also the LS are already known to be more reliable and will take more beating than a Buick V6 (which is prone to gasket failures, leaning out, etc…)
But don't worry, I'll be keeping my V6 as I have way too much invested in it now to back out of it… :rolleyes: …unless…it would completely blow apart with nothing to salvage…then it would be LS.

Claude.
Well, I tried. :D

From what I have seen 650rwhp in nothing for a 109 that is built right and tuned correctly.my RPE 109 has been in the car for 7 years 20+k with tons of hits and I have had so much fun with it racing lots of different cars and combos.

The LS engine is pretty nice but from every thread on swapping or people that I've talked to at shows, there is significant fabrication, electrical work, suspension and lost time involved. This stuff adds up quick, especially if you don't have a decent shop and skills to do the work yourself. You have access to an excellent local builder which is a big help. BTW, don't get hung up on hp numbers. I've seen some 550hp engines that are perfectly fine to drive on the street and still scare the shit out you. Remember, this is a street car not a track car.

Stroker ls can make 600 without boost. Yikes?

Stroker BBC will make 800 plus single 4 barrel, hydraulic roller, pump gas, low maintenance and bulletproof. LS engines are ugly, the only thing they have going for them is mileage. I bought a turbo regal because of the LC2, without it its just a plain old regal destined to become a lowrider or donk.

True story. LS is now on spray looking for that Buick.

1rx7on.jpg

Moral of this story is:
Bragging about a HP number is like a dick swinging contest. The dick may be bigger but it doesn't mean you can satisfy the whore.