LS-A/GN!

Well, the car is now with Rob at Forced Induction Tuning. After test fitting several different turbo combinations for fit, we decided to put twins on her. Most likely all on the passenger side with water to air intercoolers.
I will get progress pictures next week.

Well, the car is now with Rob at Forced Induction Tuning. After test fitting several different turbo combinations for fit, we decided to put twins on her. Most likely all on the passenger side with water to air intercoolers.

Can't wait to see the updates!

That's awesome !
Now you can tell people that you got the twin turbo FBI GN ...Lol

Bryan

So you are going to have two turbo's, then a water to air, then to the blower, then through another water to air?

Yes(to Mike E),
The factory LSA Supercharger has an intercooler integrated on top. We have been toying with completely separate systems or a big water-to-air on the front to cool the two coolers(one for the twins and one for the supercharger.
The water-to-air system uses a small radiator to cool the water and a small radiator that the compressed air runs through. 2 part system. We may make it a three part system using a single water pump or completely separate system. Not sure yet. I know we have plenty of room. The air-to-air I had on the turbo 4.1 was huge. This is a much more condensed system.

Neat. Most industrial or chemical compression cycles run a heat exchanger after each compressor. It's the right way to do it, but I can imagine it will be hard to package in a car. If you do try to cool them both with the same water system, just make sure the coldest water goes into the cooler after the blower. That way you have the potential for the coldest air into the motor possible.

Maybe run an ice box with pump to the brick in the blower. You probably have a ton of space in the trunk to put a giant chiller to cool it down after the turbos.

Finally figured out the turbo locations and worked out the plumbing. The ZL1 top looks much better on the LSA than the CTS-V top. Coming together!
A385A19B-3E27-4A79-B651-F2872607D0A4_zpslfjlgdyt.jpg

91D56BE1-7D30-4A44-A71A-B18A319FE1F6_zpsuzkkkipu.jpg

Take a look at Dave Bamfords twin set up.They are both on the pass side....A true work of fab art!Bamfords twin 5.JPG Bamfords twin 3.JPG

Was just out at the shop today, but have my 62 corvette on the rack right now. Should be back on the GN next week. Running and tuned in the next three weeks. Doing some frame boxing while we have it in the air putting on the new exhaust.

Been doing many projects on this while everything is apart. New wiring, fuel system, boxing frame, etc. The engine is back in and looking very good to me.
Everything is Ceracoated.
10F498C9-DBD8-4C10-8A92-A8AA8CD037EB_zpsrauvcqn9.jpg
4BE311B6-14FC-4FE5-8289-5498E8E3036C_zpswmmqgxbp.jpg
524AF3D6-63B5-4A0D-B2C6-2D9C10B3AD10_zpsfgcnut1a.jpg
69F587E1-6CAF-4A27-BB40-80F6920E07E7_zpsiarmu75b.jpg

Would you please share the part numbers of the upper and lower radiator hoses you used on this unique build? The devil is truly always in the details! Thanks for the help.