Lowering buick ?

jblot

I have an 87 GN and am wanting to lower it some. I heard about the drop spindles from belltech. Do I need to get any new springs or do I just need the drop spindles???

On a side note, where is the best place to go for parts to fix my t-top leak?

Originally posted by jblot
I have an 87 GN and am wanting to lower it some. I heard about the drop spindles from belltech. Do I need to get any new springs or do I just need the drop spindles???

On a side note, where is the best place to go for parts to fix my t-top leak?

How low? If lower than mine, top of tires about even with wheel lip, you'll need drop spindles. Check photos below.

Originally posted by jblot

IMO, springs are the better way to lower a G-Body.

The stock geometry forces the tire into positive chamber when the car leans. Dropped spindles don't cure that. With cut/shorter springs they change the geometry enough to slightly reduce that problem.

Also, with the tire trying to go into positive camber, the tire gets closer to the fender lip during suspension travel.

i buy drop spindle belteck and belteck spring for back ,i need to mak aligment and thats it....2" drop 18" front 20" back wheel:D go to see picks bob

tybob

tybob,

I love the rims what brand are they, and where can I find some like that? they look really good. I think I decided to go with the drop spindles, so hopefully it will look really good.

hi the rims are (american eagle wheels )model 212 or 211 not sure dont remember ......nice chose to go whit spindle the parts # is 2100 on beilteck and 5100 for the spring.....a+ bob

Tybob, your ride look very nice. i love the way it sit. do you mine sharing what part # you replace?. I am currently using the tuburlar upper control arm, with 96 impalla spindle (front brake). I am still using the stock spring. i will like to believe you went with a 2 inch drop. this might be too much for me. so i am willing to go with a 1.5 inch drop. the NYC road can really place alot of stress on the suspension. what did the drop kit cost you?

hi ,i buy just the spindle and the rear spring and is all bellteck ...i dont know if is the same parts then you need because you dont have the original spindle....you need to check on bellteck web site to see if i made for your spindle ....i know for the original gn spindle the # is 2100 front (2" drop spindle)and #5100 back(spring 2" drop) i dont know if thay make 1.5 like you ask but i know eibach spring do the lower spring PRO-KIT 1.0 in front 0.8 in back part# 3803.140 i hope thay can help you ;) bob

:D

The Belltech rear springs #5100 are a 1.5" drop. I have the same setup on my GN.

hi , i always think i have 2" drop on back whit my beltech spring and i go to see on the web site and it was by a 1.5" drop :eek: i whant more drop.......:D bob

The 2" front and 1.5 rear gives the TB's the pefect rake. I haven't seen anyone making a 2" spring for the rear without cutting. By the way Bob, you sent me some pics of your car a few weeks ago and they were great. I went to send you some back of my car and got rejected , so they are in my sig if you haven't seen my car.

hi jp ...:) yes i see you picks on the web and i very like the gnx mags wheels .....if you try to send me sone pick and i was reject just check the size of you picks or just send 1 at the time .....if you have more pick of the engine and told me what you do on the car ....;) bob

I used to have the beltech spindles on my car and it looked awesome, but since the springs are worn it would rub the tires on the top of the inner fender on bumps so i pulled the spindles off. I'm in the process of getting some 18's so depending on how it looks I might buy a set of lowering springs. Here are some pics when it was lowered http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul69camaro/my_photos

under the toys section

p.s. Depending on how much of a hurry your in I still have my drop spindles and I'm gonna sell them. I'd have to figure out where my X-girlfriend stashed them though.

Originally posted by GnTooFast4u
I used to have the beltech spindles on my car and it looked awesome, but since the springs are worn it would rub the tires on the top of the inner fender on bumps so i pulled the spindles off. I'm in the process of getting some 18's so depending on how it looks I might buy a set of lowering springs. Here are some pics when it was lowered http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul69camaro/my_photos

under the toys section

p.s. Depending on how much of a hurry your in I still have my drop spindles and I'm gonna sell them. I'd have to figure out where my X-girlfriend stashed them though.
I might be interested in the spindles for my T-Type. Shoot me a PM with the price.What size daglites are on the GN? That a nice Cutlass too!

JP87GN
I sent you a PM. Your one of the few people that recognized that the car is a cutlass, everyone always says "Nice Chevelle"

-Paul