Lower lightened T ?

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Here is how it sat. I have the rearend/tank completely out right now. As soon as the rear is back in I am going to replace the front calipers, pads, bearings, brakes lines. So, this is the perfect time to drop this thing. I'm thinking it needs to be at least 3 inches lower or more. Can I just do drop springs? Can I cut the DSE 2" drop springs to get lower?

On 275 50 DR's out back
2dl2npy

on 245 45 17's front and back
2egdaww

I want it to be the GN below exactly so that the front tire tucks under the front lip or even lower while the back tire still has room to let the car squat on launches at the strip. 26 inch dia tire up front, 28 inch tire out back at the strip, maybe swap around 26 or 27 inch tires in the back on the street. What I'm running now is:

245 45 17 is 25.5 inches tall
275 50 17 DR is 27.25 inches tall

The front fender lip ride height was like 27.5 inches and the rear was about 28.5 to 28.7/8 height. If I drop it 3 inches that would be about 24.5 up front and 25.5 in the back with those tires. Swapping the rear tire to a 274 50 17 at 26 inches height should drop the rear some but still be raked just enough.

DSC04440.jpg

I'm guessing the car weighs close to 3000-3100#'s. It used to weigh between 3300-3350 depending on fuel. Removed amp, rear speakers, lots of extra wires removed, insulation, tar strips from sheet metal behind everything, jute padding, no rear view mirrors or hardware, alum bumper brackets, fiberglass bumpers, GN1 heads, fbody radiator, lighter seats, lighter wheels,, lighter seatbelts, removed any unnecessary stuff, like engine lifting eyebolt on the pass side intake bolt, I even hold the license plate on with nylon bolts...

Drop spindles and drop springs. The ride will be alot firmer,but if you chop lowered springs,it will put the spring rate thru the roof and the car will ride like a log wagon. for the rear,I would start by cutting the pigtail off the factory spring. Though this will stiffen the factory spring, depending on the mileage,the spring will have been softened up so it should work ok. its cheaper than buing new springs only to chop em up and hate em'.

Drop spindles and drop springs. The ride will be alot firmer,but if you chop lowered springs,it will put the spring rate thru the roof and the car will ride like a log wagon. for the rear,I would start by cutting the pigtail off the factory spring. Though this will stiffen the factory spring, depending on the mileage,the spring will have been softened up so it should work ok. its cheaper than buing new springs only to chop em up and hate em'.

Pick of your car for example.

Attachments

• DSCF8798.jpg
    DSCF8798.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 207
Here is how it sat. I have the rearend/tank completely out right now. As soon as the rear is back in I am going to replace the front calipers, pads, bearings, brakes lines. So, this is the perfect time to drop this thing. I'm thinking it needs to be at least 3 inches lower or more. Can I just do drop springs? Can I cut the DSE 2" drop springs to get lower?

I want it to be the GN below exactly so that the front tire tucks under the front lip or even lower while the back tire still has room to let the car squat on launches at the strip. 26 inch dia tire up front, 28 inch tire out back at the strip, maybe swap around 26 or 27 inch tires in the back on the street. What I'm running now is:

245 45 17 is 25.5 inches tall
275 50 17 DR is 27.25 inches tall

The front fender lip ride height was like 27.5 inches and the rear was about 28.5 to 28.7/8 height. If I drop it 3 inches that would be about 24.5 up front and 25.5 in the back with those tires. Swapping the rear tire to a 274 50 17 at 26 inches height should drop the rear some but still be raked just enough.

I'm guessing the car weighs close to 3000-3100#'s. It used to weigh between 3300-3350 depending on fuel. Removed amp, rear speakers, lots of extra wires removed, insulation, tar strips from sheet metal behind everything, jute padding, no rear view mirrors or hardware, alum bumper brackets, fiberglass bumpers, GN1 heads, fbody radiator, lighter seats, lighter wheels,, lighter seatbelts, removed any unnecessary stuff, like engine lifting eyebolt on the pass side intake bolt, I even hold the license plate on with nylon bolts...
To answer your question YES you can just do drop springs! I run the DSE 2" drop springs and I like them alot. To me it has the perfect stance now. Because my old stock springs were so wore out the 2" drop springs didn't make that big of a difference and only lowered it about an inch or less but the ride quality is Much better. Be carefull because you don't want to go too low cause it will effect your suspension and it's travel.

My ride heights are:

FRONT: 24 1/2"
REAR: 26 1/16"

I have a 285/40-18 in the rear now but may go to a 285/35-18 to lessen the rake some and make the car look more uniform.

If you have any questions about my set up or the DSE suspension feel free to call or E-mail me, I would be more than happy to help.
Scot W.