Low Voltage Problem

Chatmanboy

Need some assistance because I did all that I can think of!

When I start the car Volts on scanmaster, and alt and battery reads around 14.2v. After letting the car run for a few minutes volts changes drastically and volts indicator starts to flicker on and off. Then only one headlight would work, loss of power, and volts would constantly jump around and volts read as low as 11v.

Alt and Battery are new. Check/cleaned all grounds (I Think), Checked the battery cables, checked the starter wires, replaced the ignition starter switch. Everything that I check seem right but problem is still there.

Is there a thread on all ground locations, may have miss some? Could a coil module cause this?

Alternator exciter bulb/ wiring in the dash good?
Caspers has a fix for that.
Lose excitation, alt goes dead, battery is on it's own.

Checked the excitation wire and it looks good also, need to pull the dash out to check the wire and bulb there. If it is the wire behind the dash would that cause the car to lose power? or just cause the flickering of the indicator.

Checked the excitation wire and it looks good also, need to pull the dash out to check the wire and bulb there. If it is the wire behind the dash would that cause the car to lose power? or just cause the flickering of the indicator. Whats the fix that caspers has?

Alternator exciter bulb/ wiring in the dash good?
Caspers has a fix for that.
Lose excitation, alt goes dead, battery is on it's own.
Where the wire located I'm seeming to have same problem trying to narrow it down. Done so much and still can't figure out my problem. It's going lean rich lean rich can't figure out why but noticed last night volt light been coming on