Low 11 sec. '87 GN (no T tops!)

1NASTY6

"Staged for Life"
Selling my '87 GN that I bought down at the 1994 GS Nationals from a fellow member named Donnie Ragans, out of Madison, FL. So yes, the car is an original Florida car, and is still very clean underneath.

I will have this car at the GS Nationals in a couple of weeks for you to do a full inspection.

Last year at the Nat's, I made 5 passes on Wednesday that were all between 11.42 and 11.48. 3 of those same 5 passes had MPH of 116.59..... pretty darn consistent. This car is 90% "stock appearing", except for the wheels, and front mount intercooler. Oh, yeah, and I have a custom manual brake system on it right now because I got tired of the PM leaving me without any braking power to often.
I am currently having Richard Clark rebuild a PM unit for me, and that rebuilt unit from the "king of PM's" will probably be reinstalled on the car while we are down at the Nationals.

The car has run a best of 11.27 at 119 plus.

It is tuned to run mid 11's ALL DAY LONG!!!! This is not the fastest GN out there, obviously, but it is one of the most CONSISTENT GN's out there...... and we all know it's not the fastest car in your class that ends up in the Winners Circle each week, but rather the most consistent.
This would be a great car for either an experienced good driver, (I think you could win a lot of money with it) or it would be nice for a driver newer to racing, because it would allow you to focus on becoming a racer, without having to worry about tuning and fixing the car all of the time.

It has many modifications, but they are all quite mild really. Here's a few, but remember, it'll be at the Nationals, and nothing beats seeing the real thing.....

PTE 51 turbo - that years ago was on Jack Cotton's personal car
Front Mount Intercooler
42.5 lb injectors

The car has 120,000 plus miles on the body, but the motor is out of a 13,000 mile show car out of Golden Valley, MN. I believe the fellow I bought it from is still a member on this site, so if he see's this, maybe he can vouch for the perfect engine that I bought from him and installed in my car.

Other than ported stock heads, the motor is stock.... never been "opened up", or had any internal modifications.

The interior is very, very nice. Not perfect, but very, very nice.

The paint is great, but not excellent. Had a repaint prior to my purchase of the car in '94. Has a few minor "battle scars" from possible flying stones at a track or two, but really looks super.

A lot of effort was put into the SAFETY of "Going Fast with Class" as this car was transformed from a 14.00 stocker, to what it is today.

There are so many mods, that I'd forget to mention them all, but other than what I have mentioned so far, there are some other add-ons and/or mods:

Rear seat brace kits in trunk
Boxed upper and lower stock control arms
Longer rear wheel studs
Steve Yaklin 16 position "Thumbwheel" chip (best thing I ever bought for the car!!)
Hotwired super duty in-tank fuel pump
5" Buick tach
Pillar boost gauge
Laptop computer
Turbo Link 2.0
CD player and new 4x10 rear speakers and new in dash tweeters

In my belief, this car could run in the 10's with either of the following:

A few more mods (maybe bigger turbo?)
or
Someone who wanted to up the WOT boost which is now at about 24 lbs.

I know I'm missing things, but ask any questions you might have, and maybe we can arrange for you to look it over at the Nationals in couple of weeks.

I'm asking $14,500 for the car, and I also have an '86 Chev Suburban and a 2000 18' open car hauler that I'd sell with the car as a package for $18,000 total..... Car, Truck and Trailer $18,000.
I just replaced the boards on the trailer, which also has electric brakes, and powder coated wheels with chrome centers and nuts. Truck looks great for an '86, as it had just gotten a nice paint job and graphics put on prior to my purchase in 2001.

I've always been a "low buck" type of racer........ meaning that I never had a budget to go "all out" on purchasing whatever I wanted for the car, therefore, every modification was carefully thought out, and each item was researched or came with an extremely high recommendation from fellow members.

It's a great street car that performs soooooo good at the track. Yes, you could drive this car to the track, (absolutely no problems with streetability), and bolt on the slicks and kick some ass! Hell, up until I bought my truck and trailer, I drove the thing from Wisconsin to Kentucky and raced it all week, and then drove it home and got 20 plus MPG with the AC running all the way!

Hey, send me a message, or call me on my cell at: 920/366-0439. We can talk, and I can answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for reading all of this, and if you made it thru the entire post, you qualify for a free ride down the strip in B.G. this year!

Many thanks!

Tim Meyers
1NASTY6
Oshkosh, WI

for sale

if everything is what it is then this is the best deal of the year so far. I'll grab this in a second but i just bought an 87 GN with an extra motor yesterday.
ttt for you!

SUPER 16 - TURBO and "King of the Hill" race winner for sale!

Hello all,

To those who have tried to communicate with me via the private message option..... I'm sorry I have not been getting your messages. I switched to DSL recently, and forgot to change my address at turbobuick.com.

All messages will not be forwarded to my new e-mail address: pwr6man@yahoo.com

My car is still available, but the phone has been ringing off the hook since my return from Bowling Green. I had a lot of people looking at my car down there, but I think that a lot of those "lookers" must have heard that I ended up winning the SUPER 16 TURBO class, because now they are even more interested.

Many of you have asked for photo's, and if there are not some posted on the
BUICKGSCA.COM or the GSNATIONALS.COM site's soon, I will take some photo's and post for all to see. (I'm not the most technically saavy person though, so I'm hoping that those sites post some photo's from the Nationals)

I've been assured that by winning the Super 16 and the "King of the Hill" race that my car will be seen plenty on the internet.

If you are someone looking for ONE OF THE MOST CONSISTENT Turbo Buicks in the country, then give me a call or send me a message. I will return all e-mails and messages in the order they came in.

I made over 20 passes at this years Nationals, and 16 of them were between 11.53 and 11.62! I dialed 11.53 for the "King of the Hill" race against the SUPER 16 - BIG BLOCK winner, and ran a 11.49. (I got the win on a double breakout.... he broke out by .07, while I broke out by .04)

This car is dialed in as tight as you could imagine! If you want to buy a car that you can get in and race, and not have to be tweaking and tinkering all day, then this is the one for you.

Again, you can call me at: 920/366-0439 or e-mail me at: pwr6man@yahoo.com

I'll answer any questions. If you live close enough, I encourage you to come see the car in person. Please call me ahead of time to set something up.

Thanks to all of the people calling me with congratulations. It's pretty cool to hear from some people who I have never even met! That must be the "class" part of "Going Fast with Class!"

Still on Cloud Nine!

Tim Meyers
Oshkosh, WI
1NASTY6

I saw this car up close at the Nats and it truly a nice ride plus consistent as hell. Good luck with the sale, Tim, and congratulations on the win!

Trades.....

I am not interested in any trades.... but thanks for the interest in my car.

Tim