Love it or hate it: its still awesome. 6 speed GN

I took $10K out of savings to do some mods to my Buick and after some long hard thought and may discussions with fellow car enthusiasts and engine builders I have known for a while, I decided that it was time to make the shift to an LS power train.
Plans for the car include a forged 5.3 with 317 heads, pushing 15#'s of boost with water/meth injection backed by a T56 from a firebird. I have almost everything needed to do the swap and i will update this thread along with the 5 others on various boards that I am on with this build.

The goal for this car is 550 RWHP, I am not trying to get crazy with it since I have the six speed. i want something fun to drive on the weekends and I miss having the reliability and gas mileage of the LS1. If you don't like what i am doing to MY car, please press the back button and keep your negativity out of this thread. thanks.
Well now maybe you understand that EVERY motor can break. Buicks, Chebbys, and Fords it doesn't matter. To me a 550hp Buick is a walk in the park !! BUT I have lived in the park for a long time :biggrin: Good luck with your new build.. Oh what did ya run for times with it ?? Must be a riot bashing gears in a Buick !!!

I always wanted a t-56 in my GN. Personally I would have kept it a V6T; but there is no complaint with an LSxT. Great work.

Nick

Bringing this from the dead but do you still have it? Ever think about going 4.8 instead of the 5.3? 4.8 is just more boost friendly. Love the car by the way...

God bless you. If i was 30 years younger i might have take that on. Good work and good luck with the finished product

OK...seems like many are asking with no response from OP so let me throw this in here...according to the website, these wheels were 18x8.5 and 18x10.
Both having a 25mm offset.

So, front.....take 8.5 and add 1 inch. now take 9.5 and divide by 2. now take 4.75 and add the offset of 25mm which converts to about 1 inch and POOF!!
Front is 5.75 backspacing.

Lets plug the numbers into the rears

rear.... take 10 and add 1. now take 11 and divide by 2..now take 5.5 and add the offser of 25mm or 1 inch and again.
Rear is 6.5 backspacing

As far as tires go, a good fitting tire for the front would be a 245/45/18...the rears would fit a 275/40/18 nicely. Both would be the same exact height.

As for the build, I dont love it and I dont hate it. I agree that you can choose to customize your car any way you like. I mean some could say that anyone who has changed anything on their car such as turbo, ic, wheels, injectors, paint, gauges, radio, etc is taking away from what the car is.

At the same time, I would never use anything other than a Buick V6 in a Turbo Regal...but thats just me. Nonetheless, definetily a great effort....Good job!

anyone know if this is correct or not love the wheels but not sure which to order? bolt pattern 5x120

Car is looking great man! I have a forged LS6 in my 2001 Zo6 with a APS Twin Turbo kit. It makes 660rwhp on 93 octane. Your's should be a beast.

Just read every page again, friggin love this thread ;). Did you ever make a plate for your center console? If not I'll cut you one just for the cost of materials just for making such a detailed thread for all of us :). I already have the dimensions in the waterjet just need you to send a rough card board cut out version that has either a hole for your shifter or a shift gate pattern.

Really making me want to change rims ;)

Car has been ripped apart in my driveway for going on 2 years now.... It's not gonna be back any time soon. 6 speed is gone, engine is gone. I had a kid and that take priority for now, but one day I'll get it back up.

Sorry, been gone for a bit. I posted these pictures in another thread but I'll just post them here instead.

Car is getting a brand new hot and cold side, new masterpower T76 turbo, new water/meth injection system and a few other odds and ends this winter. its torn completely down in a garage right now.

4983195575_3b87fc2fc7_o.jpg

4983794316_32dfef1251_o.jpg

4983195819_7c5211347f_o.jpg

4983196047_45cf490730_o.jpg

4983794868_7e755ab903_o.jpg
Looks awesome. What size wheels/tires & backspace did you use?

Very involved. I think i'll keep my 6. But I do have a '70 El Camino. Just a thought. Great pics and info.