LOTS of TURBO BUICK PARTS ( LOOK )

T-type Jones

Just saw a advertisement for taking a Online course and getting your CCW. I'm sure this is legit somewhere, but before you pay for any online courses please check with your local agency and state laws. I don't know the laws in all states, but in Colorado; you can not get your CCW with any online training, you must show shooting, field stripping and cleaning competency signed by a certified instructor before you can be issued your permit. And At the police dept, or Sheriff's Dept, they'll let you know up front NO ONLINE TRAINING will qualify you. I kindly emailed the company with the advertisement to see what they have to say, waiting for a response.If you'd like I can send you a link for the CCW application and guidelines at least in CO. Can you get your CCW in your state with a Online training course, if so let me know below and also the state

CCW's are STATE specific. Know that going in and you won't get ripped off, which is exactly what most of these shysters want to do to you.

Better to just get one through your local Law Enforcement Agency. That will get you the proper training and permits required in your state (and likely, many others).

It's no more expensive to do it right, though you may need to put in some "live and in person" training time.........

Your talking about possibly having to "shoot to kill" if you're carrying a weapon. Why not be absolutely certain you ARE AT LEAST WITHIN THE LAWS THAT COVER CONCEALED CARRY and not just in possession of a worthless piece of toilet paper?

BTW, NICE White T!

Last edited:
no way...that would fly here..sounds like a scam...good looking out ....you have to be finger printed at the sheriff's office and prints sent to the FBI..in FL...I actually use to have a gun light at night permit through FWC...which took it even a step further ...

I got mine years ago, and my advice is, if you have extra money to throw around...Throw it at your Buick, not at something that won't work for you. Also would you trust your life to someone who graduated from a You-Tube Video_LOL
Also there's a non-refundable fee of $167.50 for the application. So PROTECT YOURSELF

I got mine years ago, and my advice is, if you have extra money to throw around...Throw it at your Buick, not at something that won't work for you. Also would you trust your life to someone who graduated from a You-Tube Video_LOL

Even worse... "JUST graduated from"............. :oops:

Pretty strict, here in GA. ;)
1. You have to apply in person. That pretty much proves you are alive.
2. You pay the $36.00, sign the app in ft of the judge's clerk.
She takes a photo, sets up an appt at the sheriff's office.
3. Go to the sheriff's office, for finger printing.
3. 2-30 days later, you can pick it up.
My last 2 took < a week. But, I look like an honest senior citizen.:cool:
Good for 5 yrs.

Note: *My* opinion

If you are going to carry, carry responsibly and get the training needed to do that. There is more to carrying than the permit because the permit pales in comparison to having to discharge the weapon. A permit doesn't mean squat if you make the wrong split second decision, and it certainlyis not a get out of jail free card. The certification is not about the class, paperwork for the permit, or the money. It's about learning something that will be of benefit to the carrier.

In Texas, you can get a permit for about $85 total.

Here in Michigan, you can RENEW on line, but not online for first time applicants.

Its so nice that these states let you enjoy your constitutional rights for a fee and if you're really nice grant it. In the f'n state of ny the permit use to be lifetime but since the cuomo has said he was going to make ny the most libtard state in the country and passed the unsafe act in the middle of the night they are now renewed every 5 years. If you already had one you could renew online but I prefer a paper trail for proof.
All kinds of hoops to jump through now compared to 45 year ago, only thing you had to pay for was $5 for the finger printing. Now way way more and iirc class to be taken. Depending on the county for how long processing takes. Here it was taking over a year. Lol, back in the old days it took 2 weeks and a couple days to come through.
At least more states have gone to constitutional carry as long as you're not a felony.

Its so nice that these states let you enjoy your constitutional rights for a fee and if you're really nice grant it. In the f'n state of ny the permit use to be lifetime but since the cuomo has said he was going to make ny the most libtard state in the country and passed the unsafe act in the middle of the night they are now renewed every 5 years. If you already had one you could renew online but I prefer a paper trail for proof.
All kinds of hoops to jump through now compared to 45 year ago, only thing you had to pay for was $5 for the finger printing. Now way way more and iirc class to be taken. Depending on the county for how long processing takes. Here it was taking over a year. Lol, back in the old days it took 2 weeks and a couple days to come through.
At least more states have gone to constitutional carry as long as you're not a felony.

There are a LOT of hoops to jump through now. For ANYTHING. You just cannot compare today to that of 45 years ago.

Why would you even bring it up? It's 2020 and the world has changed SOOOO much. I'm not saying it's for the better or worse. It's just changed, period. It's just changed, period. We old guys need to adapt, one way or the other, but we need to adapt.

There are a LOT of hoops to jump through now. For ANYTHING. You just cannot compare today to that of 45 years ago.

Why would you even bring it up? It's 2020 and the world has changed SOOOO much. I'm not saying it's for the better or worse. It's just changed, period. It's just changed, period. We old guys need to adapt, one way or the other, but we need to adapt.

Why, let them, tptb adapt. The constitution isn't a living document and is the law of the land and even more important we have inalienable rights to self defense. They don't give 2 hoots about your safety, they want a list of who has what so they can come and pay a visit.
The only thing that's changed in 45 years is their increased lust for power.

An old saying: Judged by 12, or carried by 6....................Your choice.
As for me, the fat lady is clearing her throat. So, judged by 12, is my choice! ;)

And, no, I won't shoot you in the leg.

there should not be a need for CC license anyways....according to the law of the land ...but whatever ...perception is reality...

Nothing more than poorly disguised ways to:
1. Create revenue.
2. Create a database of possible "offenders".
3. Map out areas of high weapon possession.
4. In some areas, control the degree to which the populace is able to retaliate.
Note: Most/all of the blue states, are where you see this being perpetrated.
I'm sure there are more..........

An old saying: Judged by 12, or carried by 6....................Your choice.
As for me, the fat lady is clearing her throat. So, judged by 12, is my choice! ;)

And, no, I won't shoot you in the leg.
thats right chuck ...you shoot to stop and halt the threat .or it will end up worse for you ...when the smoke clears :sneaky:
and dont use too many bullets ;)

CCW's should be legal in all states, why I say this Because the states that make it illegal for you to protect yourself and your family (Meaning Do Not allow you to carry concealed) has the highest crime

thats right chuck ...you shoot to stop and halt the threat ..or it will end up worse for you ...when the smoke clears :sneaky:
and dont use too many bullets ;)

You're a lot smarter than you look! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
CCW's should be legal in all states, why I say this Because the states that make it illegal for you to protect yourself and your family (Meaning Do Not allow you to carry concealed) has the highest crime

Hows that old saying go, "If you carry a gun people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous, if I have a gun what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for" :)

Sad commentary..... You have to jump thru the hoops to get a permit, but can vote w/out an ID.
Getting an ID is an imposition... Even if it's free.
I'm voting today. I always use my CCW id card. ;)