Real or Not?

GNbythebay

!!In dire need of the Buick community!!

In less then a month I will be a newly dad! I convinced my fiancé into letting me bring home our baby girl in my 86 GN. Now here is the problem with that plan. A few nights ago I was taking out the GN to make sure she’s 100% ready and of course a problem occurred. The transmission does not shift out of first gear. It just revs up until limiter. I am handy around cars but not transmissions. I need this problem fixed ASAP so I can tel my little girl that she was brought home in the most badass car of the 80’s. What should I check before spending the big bucks and taking it into a shop? I already adjusted the TV cable and that did nothing, I took the pan off and checked the governor and that had the spring in it and the plastic gear looked good. I live in Seattle Washington (puget sound area). Can anyone help me!? Worst case does anyone have a transmission for sale?

!!In dire need of the Buick community!!

In less then a month I will be a newly dad! I convinced my fiancé into letting me bring home our baby girl in my 86 GN. Now here is the problem with that plan. A few nights ago I was taking out the GN to make sure she’s 100% ready and of course a problem occurred. The transmission does not shift out of first gear. It just revs up until limiter. I am handy around cars but not transmissions. I need this problem fixed ASAP so I can tel my little girl that she was brought home in the most badass car of the 80’s. What should I check before spending the big bucks and taking it into a shop? I already adjusted the TV cable and that did nothing, I took the pan off and checked the governor and that had the spring in it and the plastic gear looked good. I live in Seattle Washington (puget sound area). Can anyone help me!? Worst case does anyone have a transmission for sale?
Call dave husek,he will walk you through some things